• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oil of Oregano for SIBO

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Wow, I had no idea
Though if your taking HCL tablets it works fine, if your stomach is producing too much HCL it may keep overproducing if you drink milk. However the symptoms of too much acid production are about the same as not enough (weird i know)

ebethc

3) Taking HCl is NOT a waste of money. My entire family has used HCl as needed over the years and it has made a world of difference in their ability to digest protein. I have no idea where you got the idea that it raises stomach acid for only a minute or two, this is just false.

does HCL help digest anything besides protein? I have been taking it for protein only, and I believe that's the only application, but I'm not sure... thanks

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
does HCL help digest anything besides protein? I have been taking it for protein only, and I believe that's the only application, but I'm not sure... thanks
It digests everything, except perhaps water and acidic pop