• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Odd topic - robot vacuums - has anyone tried them?

A friend gave me an irobot because she didn't like it.It was from 2016 and I can not understand the positive reviews in the thread.

I HATE it and can not recommend it to anyone with ME. The dust bin fills fast. It is fiddly to take out and empty the dust bin . The instructions are hard on my brain fog.

It needs frequent recharging.
Then there is the hassle of setting up the room for it.

I heard newer models are better but wish someone with ME could say if the newer models would suit our condition.

Where I live, human cleaners are expensive. I have an extreme dust mite allergy so my flat has to be really clean.

I figure that a robot vacuum cleaner saves me just one cleaner's visit a month, then it would pay for itself in time.

A the moment I have a cleaner once a week for 2 hours just to wash the floor. Israel in the middle of the city is super dusty and if I don't do that I get severe sinusitis.

I hate the expense and difficulty of getting awake at 1pm for the cleaner and never knowing how I will feel on that scheduled day. Sometimes the cleaner cancels too.

I wish there was a super robot cleaner that would do the job properly at the level of a asthma suffer.

Maybe it exists among the newer models and I don't know of it.

Wolfcub

Dogs usually go crazy with them. If anyone has a Border Collie particularly, then that is one dead and dismembered robot within about.....30 seconds?
Oh but what fun!