Odd topic - robot vacuums - has anyone tried them?

A friend gave me an irobot because she didn't like it.It was from 2016 and I can not understand the positive reviews in the thread.

I HATE it and can not recommend it to anyone with ME. The dust bin fills fast. It is fiddly to take out and empty the dust bin . The instructions are hard on my brain fog.

It needs frequent recharging.
Then there is the hassle of setting up the room for it.

I heard newer models are better but wish someone with ME could say if the newer models would suit our condition.

Where I live, human cleaners are expensive. I have an extreme dust mite allergy so my flat has to be really clean.

I figure that a robot vacuum cleaner saves me just one cleaner's visit a month, then it would pay for itself in time.

A the moment I have a cleaner once a week for 2 hours just to wash the floor. Israel in the middle of the city is super dusty and if I don't do that I get severe sinusitis.

I hate the expense and difficulty of getting awake at 1pm for the cleaner and never knowing how I will feel on that scheduled day. Sometimes the cleaner cancels too.

I wish there was a super robot cleaner that would do the job properly at the level of a asthma suffer.

Maybe it exists among the newer models and I don't know of it.

Wolfcub

Dogs usually go crazy with them. If anyone has a Border Collie particularly, then that is one dead and dismembered robot within about.....30 seconds?
Oh but what fun!