• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ocular Migraine?

Rand56

I just recently experieced another episode of this. My second one within I'd say the last 2 months. The only other time I recall getting one of these was maybe a little over a year ago. Mine is the one without any pain in the eye nor a headache. I do not have a history of migraine headaches either. Mine does only last about 20 to 30 minutes like the website posted below says.

The effect I get is more of a kaleidescope effect in only my right eye. It is not across the whole field of vision in my eye...just at the corner of it. Has anyone else gotten this and if so, do you know if there are any other possible causes other than what this site states? It also says it could stem from alterations in blood flow to the brain. Do you think if this is a cause it would come from a "lack" of proper blood flow?

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/ocular-migraine.htm

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I just recently experieced another episode of this. My second one within I'd say the last 2 months. The only other time I recall getting one of these was maybe a little over a year ago. Mine is the one without any pain in the eye nor a headache. I do not have a history of migraine headaches either. Mine does only last about 20 to 30 minutes like the website posted below says.

The effect I get is more of a kaleidescope effect in only my right eye. It is not across the whole field of vision in my eye...just at the corner of it. Has anyone else gotten this and if so, do you know if there are any other possible causes other than what this site states? It also says it could stem from alterations in blow flow to the brain. Do you think if this is a cause it would come from a "lack" of proper blood flow?

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/ocular-migraine.htm

I get these when I have been taking something that causes a lot of detoxification. Maybe this relates to:

It appears migraines are triggered by activation of a mechanism deep in the brain, which releases inflammatory substances around the nerves and blood vessels of the head and brain.

Whatever the cause, because the visual disturbance makes things difficult, I take a few drops of Rescue Remedy at the first sign and it has always gone away within 10 minutes. Another mystery!

Sushi

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi Rand - I got my first one of these (partial loss of field of vision, scintillating arc of light, identical in both eyes) during my first bout of ME, then a couple several years later while in remission. I haven't had one during my current, five-year relapse even though OI (and presumably hypoperfusion in the brain) is a symptom of my ME, both in my original illness and now.

I used to feel unwell during these episodes but if I took a nap they had resolved by the time I woke up. I had no other symptoms.

Rand56

Ok thanks Sushi and Sasha. I do know the site says this is not a big cause of concern. Atleast I don't get any pain associated with it and it subsides shortly. Since my first post, I was trying to recall what supps I was taking at the time I got my first instance of it awhile back. It may very well have been from the Methylene Blue I was taking at the time. Maybe like you said above Sushi that it could be from detoxing. Almost 2 weeks ago I started taking an herbal mix of green black walnut, wormwood, and clove leaf for parasites. Think me maybe getting rid of some of those <don't know for a fact that I have them> could be another detox factor that could have caused me to get this episode of ocular migraine? There is a possibility that I may have some because I have gotten fleeting moments of feeling nautious without getting sick but no other Herx type symptoms.