• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NY Times Interview with Klimas & Zilch from Cleveland Clinic Conference

Advocate

Unfortunately Silverman is playing it close to the vest on what was discussed in the closed door conference at Cleveland Clinic last week in this Plain Dealer news item by Angela Townsend: http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2009/11/cleveland_clinic_conference_pu.html

The reporter for the Cleveland Plain Dealer wrote, "Silverman's lab has been trying to fill requests as quickly as possible, sending the virus DNA -- not the live virus -- by mail in a test tube. (The researcher can then insert the DNA into human cells in the lab, which makes the actual virus.)"

I was surprised by that. I thought Silverman would be sending RNA.

Samuel

Advocate, I have no idea about this, but I wonder if it's pre-insertion DNA, which a researcher can insert into human DNA, thus creating virions.

RNA might be hard to assemble into a virus.

Viruses might be unsafe to send through the mail.

Just a guess.