• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nutritional balancing

HABS93

I'm going to try this program called nutritional balancing. Of course I'm taking this with a grain of salt. It's hard to find alot of information about heavy metal toxicity. My diet has been up and down. It's extremely hard to have 9 cups of veggies everyday. Especially when my only days off are twice a week and the first day I'm so tired I can barely do anything. My general range of symptoms are lightheadedness , eyes not being able to process fast, headaches , nuerotransmitters out of whack. Brain fog. Memory problems short and long.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with nutritional balancing ?

Heartl

I did the Wahls Protocol which is similar and had great luck with it. I still do but have cut back on veggies because it is so hard to keep up. I have my best results when I incorporate a green smoothie with kale, dandelion greens, spinach, or similar leafy greens in the am with a handful of berries just to sweeten and half a cup of canned full fat coconut milk. Big salad w/ grass-fed protein for lunch and some sort of cooked veggies with proteins for dinner.
The best results are less brain fog. I wish you lots of luck and good health

ChrisD

Are you referring to Nutritional Balancig A la Dr L Wilson? Based on hair mineral analysis?

In the early phase of my illness when my nervous system was in overdrive and I had a plethora of symptoms, a friend told me to try a hair mineral analysis which showed mineral deficiencies and metal toxicities. By following the specific plan it really helped to alleviate a lot of symptoms actually and improved my sleep etc.

I would advocate more for supplemental mineral balancing than overloading on veggies as the latest evidence suggests high dietary fibre could actually Ben malproductive for those of us with gut issues

BeADocToGoTo1

If you are looking at testing for toxins, these are a few tests I have done in the past:
  • Great Plains Laboratory Toxic Environmental (GPL-TOX)
  • Doctor's Data Toxic Metals
  • Quest Diagnostics Heavy Metals Comprehensive Panel
I have heard mixed messages about hair analysis accuracy, so I never did those.

HABS93

Are you referring to Nutritional Balancig A la Dr L Wilson? Based on hair mineral analysis?

In the early phase of my illness when my nervous system was in overdrive and I had a plethora of symptoms, a friend told me to try a hair mineral analysis which showed mineral deficiencies and metal toxicities. By following the specific plan it really helped to alleviate a lot of symptoms actually and improved my sleep etc.

I would advocate more for supplemental mineral balancing than overloading on veggies as the latest evidence suggests high dietary fibre could actually Ben malproductive for those of us with gut issues
I'm getting a test done from my fatigue doctor who specializes in next week. Cost 200$ but I've tried everything I'm at the one year mark and praying to have any relief. This brain fog and fatigue has destroyed my hope. At age 25 most important time to get your life together in struggling to function. I worked around metal solvents for years and did some drugs but no more then an average person. I never did a hard drug constantly other then smoked weed. My MD thinks I'm crazy and stupid for trying this metal detox. Is there anything specific to avoid like I take melatonin to sleep at night is that okay during a metal detox ?