• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nucleotides as a immunostimulator

Emootje

This article convinced me to eat more nucleotides:
Sublingual nucleotides and immune response to exercise

nucleotides.JPG

Nucleotide supplements:
Nucleotide-Complex-RNA-DNA
DNA-RNA
Uridine
Inosine

alex3619

In case anyone missed it, I think Ampligen is a specific RNA sequence that triggers immunological response.

RNA sequences are not stable, they degrade fast, but the nucleotides are much more stable I think - though I could be wrong. DNA is more stable than RNA though.

Nucleotides can degrade to uric acid, which is why they might trigger gout if you are already susceptible to gout.

user9876

RNA sequences are not stable, they degrade fast, but the nucleotides are much more stable I think - though I could be wrong. DNA is more stable than RNA though.

Is unstable good? I was reading about one anti viral and they commented on it having a long half life which I thought they saw as a bad thing. I guess it depends on what the drug is doing. The more stable the longer it stays in the blood and can cause side effects etc but if it is needed for a longer time period then persumably stability is good?

Emootje

Just ordered the Nucleotide-Complex-RNA-DNA (Bluebonnet-Nutrition), Cell-Food-DNA-RNA (Lumina-Health) and the Uridine (Cardiovascular-Research-Ltd). :)

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Are these things also called interferon inducers?? As this is what ampligen dose as well as immunovir and possibly inosine. increasing interferon has direct antiviral activity as well as being able to stimulate nk activity??

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
It's also able to make you feel like crap.
depends which interferrons as some are anti-inflammatory and some are pro-inflammatory.
Dont quote me on this but cycloferon only stimulates alpha and beta interferons which are anti-inflamm, i think its gamma interferon that is pro=inflamm. My experience with immunovir is that it may be similar to cyclo ie has more anti-inflammatory interferons??

Emootje

Quote from Nucleotides for Health:

Mode of Action
RNA and nucleotides have been shown to have stimulatory effects on recovery from hepatectomy in animals. They have also been shown to stimulate intestinal repair, in animals.
The mechanism of the tissue-regenerating effects of RNA and nucleotides is unclear. Possibly the regenerating activity may be explained, in part, by the nucleotides serving as precursors of nucleic acid synthesis via the salvage pathways of nucleotide synthesis. Utilization of the salvage pathways may spare the energetic cost of de novo nucleotide synthesis.

Effect on Immunity
Supplementary nucleotides have been demonstrated to affect a number of immune functions, including reversing malnutrition and starvation-induced immunosuppression, enhancing T-cell maturation and function, enhancing natural killer cell activity, improving delayed cutaneous hypersensitivity, aiding in resistance to such infectious agents as Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans, and modulating T-cell responses toward type 1 CD4 helper lymphocytes or Th1 cells.
Mice fed a nucleotide-free diet have both impaired cellular and humoral immune responses. Addition of dietary nucleotides restores both types of responses. Both RNA, which can be considered a delivery form of nucleotides, and ribonucleotides were used in these studies. The mechanism of the immune-enhancing activity of nucleic acids/nucleotides is unclear.

Effect on the Intestine
Improvement of growth and differentiation of the gut lining:
  • Increased weight of the intestinal mucosa
  • Accelerated healing of lesions
  • Elongation of intestinal villi up to 25%
  • Increased activity of intestinal enzymes
  • Improved utilisation and uptake of nutrients
  • Improved recovery of the intestine after starvation or diarrhoea
  • Growth stimulation of bifidobacteria and lactobacilli
117b1be875.jpg
Mice fed a neclotide-free diet – after 3 weeks
70 fold magnification Haematoxilin/Eosin staining
28d1f7c7d4.jpg
Mice fed dietary nucleotides – after 3 weeks
70 fold magnification Haematoxilin/Eosin staining
Effect on the Liver
RNA and nucleotides have been shown to have stimulatory effects on recovery from hepatectomy in animals.

Lotus97

So I ended up ordering the Imunil mixed nucleotides. I then learned that immune system supplements could cause problems for certain people. I'm wondering if this could cause problems for certain people (I have Lyme). I'd rather not return it unless I have to. Since this study was done on healthy people it might be hard to interpolate the data, but we'll see.
http://www.bioiberica.com/Health_solutions/Inmunactive/Studies/Sport_Nutrition.html

Inmunactive Results
The study results demonstrated that a supplement of InmunActive significantly improves the immune response of individuals subjected to physical stress.
Lymphocyte proliferation index

% of post-exercise variation

As it is explained in depth in the bibliography listed below, acute exercise causes a reduction in the lymphocyte proliferation index.
In the initial test, both groups of sportspersons presented a reduction in total lymphocyte proliferation as a result of the acute exercise (CD4+ and CD8+). In the final test, after four weeks of treatment with the experimental products, it can be observed how, in the placebo group, there is still a reduction in lymphocyte proliferation, while in the group treated with InmunActive® no reduction can be observed, despite having performed the same effort as the control group.
In addition, there are significant statistical differences in the reaction of CD4+ (P<0.01) and a trend in the reaction of total lymphocytes (P=0.07).
InmunActive-Results

tabla3_eng.jpg

tabla4_eng.jpg

tabla5_eng.jpg

tabla6_eng.jpg

Lotus97

It looks like the nucleotides I posted about earlier could cause problems. Especially since I have Lyme. Stimulating a Th1 immune response will likely increase inflammation. I've been experiencing depression for the past 4 months and it seems to be due in part to inflammatory cytokines. Anything that causes a herx (such as probiotics or antifungal/antibacterial/antimicrobial supplements) seems to trigger a response. It's likely that the immune system supplements I'm taking are also contributing to the problem.

RosieBee

I found taking nucleotides put me back - Only took for a week, but I was barely out of bed that week; I bucked up immediately I stopped.