• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NT factor

m1she11e

Hi,

NT factor takes about 4-6 weeks at a loading dose to kick in but I LOVE this product. It isnt a stimulant type of energy that I gained from it but I just kind of forgot I was taking it and slowly noticed I had more energy in general. I still had my good and bad days and wasnt cured but of all the thousands of supplements I have taken, this is one of maybe 3 that I think has ever made a real difference.

I ran out a ways back and am planning to add it back in when I can afford to.

Michelle

C

Cloud

Thanks Michelle, The stuff is so expensive that I wanted to get some good feedback on it. I am interested because I really think there is something to that whole Phospholipid cell membrane malfunction issue. Do you have any suggestions for the least expense source?

Thanks,

Ross

m1she11e

Hi again Ross,

I cant tell you the least expensive source. I can tell you that I used Researched Nutritionals NT Factor Energy. It is the one my doctor uses.

It is very expensive the first two months (when you take the double dose) but after that it isnt too bad. Its that first two months that has me unable to purchase any right now.

Im interested how others responded to NT factor. I am suprised you dont here more about it since it seems to address alot of the energy deficits in CFS/ME.

Michelle

C

Cloud

I have heard a lot about it, but I passed it off as snake oil because it appeared to just be another combination of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients (which it mostly is) that someone put together claiming they had found the magic bullet (again). What I didn't get into was the Phospholipid support ingredients. I may look into more. Appreciate your input.

thanks,

Ross

C

Cloud

Yes, I believe it is some form of lipid replacement, together with a bunch of vitamins. I need to read up on. I was on some really expensive lipid replacement stuff like 5 years ago, but I was so very sick that just couldn't tell if it helped or not. Wish I could remember the name of the stuff.

JanisB

Nt Factor and Propax NT

The first time I took Propax NT, I was up all night! Over the course of a few weeks, I was able to adjust to taking one a day, then two, then a whole packet. After several months, I shifted to NT Factor, which is the basic mixture of mitochondrial membrane food without all the A. B, E, C vitamins and oil gel cap. I was able to maintain the level of energy I'd achieved with the Propax NT.

However, it didn't make me well. Didn't make me capable of exercising for any length of time. It was ultimately an expensive symptomatic relief.

I'd like to see someone do organic acid testing before and after taking NT Factor to see its effect on the Kreb's cycle metabolites.

Janis

Chris

NT factor--phospholipids

Hi; I have not tried NT Factor, though I have read about it. But at very much lower cost (I assume...) there are good phospholipids in Neptune Krill Oil--they list 150 mg of omega 3s and 200 mg of phospholipids. There is a bit of research on it, and it seems to lower LDL cholesterol while raising HDL, and acts as an anti-inflammatory--has been tested for arthritis. I have been taking it for quite a while--can't claim any radical change, but I think it helps keep me at a reasonable level. Worth checking out, in any case? They have a website where you can check some of the research. Chris

C

Cloud

Maybe it's only temporary relief because it's treating result, not cause. But right now at the end of my vistide treatment, and doing much better now that many bugs are cleared, the NT factor may be a good idea. But, I have gone broke several times chasing good ideas, lol. I appreciate all the input since that is what will help me decide.

Thanks Everyone,

Ross

C

Cloud

The neptune Krill oil sounds like a great idea as well. Took Krill for my EPA years ago. Currently take Carlsons Salmon Oil