• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Non-Standard Anti-Anxiety Treatment

Stretched

@Booble, @Hip et al. In reading this thread, and posting here earlier re anxiety and insomnia, I am considering trying Gaboxadol per the posts, above. Per @frozenborderline, this article from Harpers recounts an educated and informed person’s experience with it, offering some tongue-in-cheek observations and real trepidations:
https://harpers.org/archive/2013/08/gaboxadol/
In that regard I am curious if anyone here has experience with it or anything similar?

Last edited:
I use B3 wax matrix niacin for anxiety
This is normalniscin but releases slowly over 8hrs so preventing the flush and itching
Niacinimide feeds the NMDA’s so for me increase my energy and anxiety. So I found Wax matrix niacin the best 1000-1500mg per day
It’s said to help schizophrenia as well but I Havn’t noticed it doing anything for that even up to 3000mg per day. Dr Abram Hoffer said it can take months or years to work on schizophrenia symptoms