• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"No More Mr NICE Guy…" by Prof. Brian Hughes

Tom Kindlon

https://thesciencebit.net/2020/11/21/no-more-mr-nice-guy/
The newly released draft NICE guidelines for the management of “myalgic encephalomyelitis (or encephalopathy)/chronic fatigue syndrome” continue to cause a stir.

And rightly so. The new guidelines not only repudiate a heretofore favoured treatment approach for a particular illness, they also threaten to discredit an entire (albeit quirky) branch of medicine — and, for good measure, to cast clouds over significant swathes of psychology too.

Countrygirl

I see that Prof Brian Hughes has had his account suspended on Twitter since launching his article. Have the PACE authors and Wessley been busy again silencing those who shed light on their poor science? Does anyone know more?

Tom Kindlon

I see that Prof Brian Hughes has had his account suspended on Twitter since launching his article. Have the PACE authors and Wessley been busy again silencing those who shed light on their poor science? Does anyone know more?
99% sure account was gone before latest blog. It certainly was gone before it, I just don’t know if it had been reinstated.