• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NK Cells(Naural Killer Cells)

Ladycreole03

Just received results from a new doctor. I have reactivated lyme disease(never knew I had) and Epstein Barr. Im guessing my recent pregnacy a year ago brought all of this out. My NK cells were also low as I know is common in cfs/M.E... CAN THEY BE RAISED IN ANYWAY?

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Just received results from a new doctor. I have reactivated lyme disease(never knew I had) and Epstein Barr. Im guessing my recent pregnacy a year ago brought all of this out. My NK cells were also low as I know is common in cfs/M.E... CAN THEY BE RAISED IN ANYWAY?

Treat the lyme. GcMAF can lower nagalase from EBV which should restore the NK cell function however there is a risk of autoimmune disease from too much activity (I would limit it to 4 months treatment maximum) so I don't recommend it unless you have having problems with infections (tooth loss, infected cuts etc). Curcumin will improve immune function by reducing Nf-kb inflammation which should help.

MartinK

Yes yes, function was good every time, now also total count looks good!

Also Broncho Vaxom is good for higher NK ;-)

Davsey27

Yes yes, function was good every time, now also total count looks good!

Also Broncho Vaxom is good for higher NK ;-)

Interesting that your nk cells went up and function but still severe.Sometimes it seems some people have lowered vital loads to ebv but functioning is still the same.Im no expert, but maybe there is some kind of feed back loop going on

Ladycreole03

Treat the lyme. GcMAF can lower nagalase from EBV which should restore the NK cell function however there is a risk of autoimmune disease from too much activity (I would limit it to 4 months treatment maximum) so I don't recommend it unless you have having problems with infections (tooth loss, infected cuts etc). Curcumin will improve immune function by reducing Nf-kb inflammation which should help.
Thank you and wow! That price! I will do what i need for my health though.

Ladycreole03

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Thank you and wow! That price! I will do what i need for my health though.

Yes it is expensive. I paid around $1500 when I did it. I'm working on a way to recover that may not need it though. I prefer not to use it due to the autoimmunity risk and expense if it can be done. However, if low immunity is an issue then I would consider it. I did it for 6 months and it caused lupus.

Also, definitely run nagalase blood tests to see where your initial level is at, and monthly. GcMAF is indicated if it is above normal. It reflects viral load and drops as you respond. However, the problem is that if you don't have a way to kill the infected cells it probably will rise again after a few months so by itself I don't think it makes sense as a therapy. It will give you a chance to make some antibodies to what is in your body for now but that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ladycreole03

Thank you so much for the head-up. So many risk trying to work on ourselves. You said see groups of what you're working on?

And im sorry you hsve to deal with Lupus now along with M.E.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Thank you so much for the head-up. So many risk trying to work on ourselves. You said see groups of what you're working on?

And im sorry you hsve to deal with Lupus now along with M.E.

Yes there are definitely risks of using yourself as a guinea pig. Nobody warned me about lupus risk with GcMAF when I was considering it. I'm hoping that the lupus is reversable if I can eliminate the infected cells.

The VTose group is under Groups here if you click the link on top.

SunMoonsStars

Yes there are definitely risks of using yourself as a guinea pig. Nobody warned me about lupus risk with GcMAF when I was considering it. I'm hoping that the lupus is reversable if I can eliminate the infected cells.

The VTose group is under Groups here if you click the link on top.
Would you direct me to the group. I don’t see an area for groups on this forum. Thanks

bensmith

Thymosin alpha 1 peptide can increase T cells, especially NK cells which are low in ME/CFS patients.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6553515/

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fonc.2019.00873/full

I got extremely nauseas and felt kind of weird on ta1, and had issues with gcmaf. Maybe i will try and run t and nk cell testing to see if its still worth pursuing.

@SunMoonsStars sorry mate : (. It def forwarded my sleep attacks and sleep sickness stuff as well.

Learner1

I got extremely nauseas and felt kind of weird on ta1, and had issues with gcmaf. Maybe i will try and run t and nk cell testing to see if its still worth pursuing.
Perhaps it was provoking some sort of immune response. A lot of things make me nauseous through mast cell activation.

bensmith

@Learner1 yeah could be but i dont get nausea from mcas usually that i can tell. Could be immune response but it was scary strong so i stopped. I dont feel flu or coldy, wonder if immune drugs sometimes spike it out of slumber.