• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIMODIPINE use in M.E. / CFS : A comprehensive guide. S. Parker (MBA, BSc) January 2014

I had really good results when I took nimodipine for a month but ended up going off it due to cost. At the time it totally got rid of my dysautonomia and the results lasted about 3 months.

Recently I've been feeling like my neuroinflamation is coming back so I think it's worth trying nimodipine again.

I know it doesn't work for everyone but since it protects the brain from hypoxia it seems like an ideal drug for ME/CFS

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7737229/

godlovesatrier

Definitely and I haven't seen anyone talk about it either. If cerebral spinal blood flow is the root cause of dysautonomia for many it makes sense to do a proper study.

I think as I don't suffer from severe dysautonomia maybe that's why it didn't work that well for me.

I had a few weeks of good results before it stopped working. I made the mistake of ordering hundreds.
I have tried it several times since with breaks as long as six months and not noticed the slightest effect.

Last edited:
I had a few weeks of good results before it stopped working. I made the mistake of ordering hundreds.
I have tried it several times since with breaks as long as six months and not noticed the slightest effect.
When it was working for you what symptoms was it helping with?