• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIH INTRAMURAL STUDY

bread.

NIH is still recruiting for their intramural study, US patients that fit the criteria need to step up, please if you can consider enrolling for this!

This is the most important bottleneck for change in this disease it seems to me, still, after 1 year they are looking for patients!

If you are moderate and can work out the financial stuff: this should be anyones dream if you think about all the diagnostics that are thrown at you!

The community has to step up and encourage people to enroll!

OMF, ME Action, Healthrising should try to create awareness around this I think!

We keep screaming for the NIH to help and cant get 20 people for a study!

@JenB @Cort @Janet Dafoe (Rose49)

Maybe you can think about using your big platforms to encourage people!

Thank you.

MEPatient345

The study is open to international patients too, actually. This thread has a lot of info.

International patients welcome in the NIH intramural ME/CFS study. Call/email Angelique Gavin: angelique.gavin@nih.gov and (301) 402-0880

“Volunteers will have travel paid by NIH and also receive a stipend for each visit. (About $600 for visit 1 and $1000 for visit 2). Each visit takes two weeks. Partners or family members are put up at a lodge on the NIH campus, which is very convenient to the Clinical Center, or at a nearby hotel."

Link to trial: https://mecfs.ctss.nih.gov/

bread.

that is fantastic! but was the audience so far? we need the big guns repeating and posting this weekly!

Inara

The study is open to international patients too, actually. This thread has a lot of info.

International patients welcome in the NIH intramural ME/CFS study. Call/email Angelique Gavin: angelique.gavin@nih.gov and (301) 402-0880

“Volunteers will have travel paid by NIH and also receive a stipend for each visit. (About $600 for visit 1 and $1000 for visit 2). Each visit takes two weeks. Partners or family members are put up at a lodge on the NIH campus, which is very convenient to the Clinical Center, or at a nearby hotel."

Link to trial: https://mecfs.ctss.nih.gov/
I am not sure if it was that study but I conversed with Angelique Gavin and she said only people from the US. I am confused now.