• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIH Announcement (Rumor?) 10/8

xrayspex

so whats the big announcement for tomorrow? anyone know details of that? I can't find anything on it, but didnt search that hard.....

xrayspex

heh heh
wish I knew more, pwc friend told me some announcement slated tomorrow by NIH relevant to us......dunno where she got it and if its credible info

Sasha

Fine, thank you
so whats the big announcement for tomorrow? anyone know details of that? I can't find anything on it, but didnt search that hard.....

But tomorrow is Saturday - sounds weird to announce something on a Saturday...

CBS

An end of the week, Friday afternoon, avoid the news cycle at all costs, announcement? Hmmmm?

Berthe

You make me curious. Do you think it has anything to do with Judy's 'It takes two to tango' ?
I do need some fuel to fire the XMRV debat up in Belgium in my weekly column in my blog.
I hope you are right, xrayspex.

Love,
Berthe

http://www.onwilliglichaam.blogspot.com

xrayspex

Well I am just greeting the day on Friday here late morning, nothing yet eh? Perhaps its about Mikovitz then.......anyone hears anything good I know you'll post it at PR somewhere!

LJS

Luke
Where did you hear that the NIH will be announcing something today? Could it have been confused with the UK announcement?

xrayspex

a PWC friend online told me, but she hasnt gotten back to me about her source.....soooo I was just digging to see if anything to it, haha I didnt mean to start a rumor......maybe we should, get a buzz going and then pretty soon Fox will pick it up like its true, cool, what should we say? Blood ban of CFS folks in US announced by NIH Oct. 8 2010 due to retroviral concerns.

bakercape

They

Probably just figure they better announce they are doing something to stop us from calling, e-mailing and faxing so much. Hopefully it would be something meaningful and not another stall tactic , smokescreen type thing.