• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nicotinamide Riboside/NAD+

Hi all

I have been reading the threads about Nicotinamide Riboside and NAD+ and am still unsure about which to try.

If I understand correctly, the Nicotinamide Riboside still requires several enzymatic conversions in the body to become NAD and some of us may ne unable to do that. However, people do seem to benefit from it.

I also noted it said that LIAS is the only company producing true NAD even if other products are labelled as such. The Eudeamon brand does list NAD (B-Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide) among its ingredients though.

If anyone has experience with taking Tru Niagen (Nicotinamide Riboside), LIAS NAD+ or similar, could you share how it has been for you please? Also is the LIAS brand available in the UK or only from America?

With thanks
Andy

Mary

Moderator Resource
@crowquill - I had a very good reaction to 20 mg. of NADH about 15 years ago - it gave me 10 crash-free days with energy, and then stopped working. And never helped again.

The true niagen did nothing for me, but I know it's helped others. @Learner1 has had good results with Lias NAD+ so hopefully she will weigh in here. I did try the Lias NAD+ but it didn't help me.

Just a tip: if you put the "@" sign in front of a user's name as I did with you and @Learner1, they will get an alert that they are being tagged and so hopefully will respond.

Hi there - I recently (a month ago) added Nicotinamide Ribside (the NiaCel Thorne product @ 125mg) as the first thing I take in bed in the morning. As others suggested, it worked great in the beginning and significantly less energizing after the first week or so. I will continue to take as I believe it is a form of vitamin b3 that helps liver function where plain old Niacin can be harmful, though Niacin lowers cholesterol so should also help fatty liver :ill: