• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Video on ME by the makers of Voices from the Shadows

Countrygirl

Here is the new video by the makers of Voices from the Shadows. It includes several familiar faces and also Dr WIlly Weir, Dr Nigel Speight and Dr Charles Shephard. It is excellent as always and makes a good educational tool.

Dialogues for a neglected illness – or Dialogues for ME/CFS is a new project being made with an award from the Wellcome Public Engagement Fund. More information here. The project will consist of a website with a collection of about a dozen new short videos, accompanied by links to existing educational and reference material. It will create a vivid, multi-faceted picture of ME/CFS, covering different aspects of the disease from a variety of perspectives, which will include – diagnosis; various management and treatment issues; Severe ME and the support doctors can provide; key symptoms described by patients in their own words –short and long term experiences and differing severities; patient advocates’ concerns; and the broader historical, social, medical and cultural context for the disease. It will create a resource which patients can use to help their doctors and other health, education and research professionals understand more about this disease and the issues faced.

http://www.dialogues-mecfs.co.uk/fi...N_BOCyujzmQSwuvvpoYLr9LKwBIysKc7y_JN2frbKIMv4