• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Video Diary Blog

trickthefox

Hey all you lovely people!I have uploaded a new video diary blog, in this episode i talk about the extend my M.E. has affected me in the past 5 yearslast year I was bedbound for pretty much the whole year but have gotten myself to a much better place, and fully believe recovery is possibleIt's quite long but if you have time to watch it hopefully you will get something out of it, even if its just something you can relate to :)

Ayaju

Beautiful, Ren. I would love to help you by donating a bit, but I don't know how to contribute in pounds. Any advice?

FYI, my 16-year journey to healing has been all about changing my thinking, spirituality, and holistic/nutritional. Slowly but surely I'm getting better!

Sounds like you are on the right path to healing too!

Judy

trickthefox

Beautiful, Ren. I would love to help you by donating a bit, but I don't know how to contribute in pounds. Any advice?

FYI, my 16-year journey to healing has been all about changing my thinking, spirituality, and holistic/nutritional. Slowly but surely I'm getting better!

Sounds like you are on the right path to healing too!

Judy
Hi judy :) i think paypal will automatically convert it, so if it 5 dollars say it should convert it to pounds itself :) yeah it seems like you have to work on all aspects - which was something i overlooked at the start - i was convinced it was going to be either a phsysical cure - or a mental one - because thats what western medicine usually teaches us - you take a pill and get better - but since i have been treating myself in a more hollistic way i have been feeling a lot better :)Nice hearing from you! Ren x

trickthefox

what therapies have you tried so far Ren?

how long have you got? haha... to name the ones i remember.....accupuncture,CBT,homeopathy,reiki,chiropractors,osteopathy,nutritional balancing, paleo, candida diet and meds, parasite meds, yoga, meditation, pacing, graded exersise, natural anti vitals (olive leaf etc.), transdermal minerals, mitrochondria support, magnesium, antidepressants, sooooo many supplements that have worked on things like amino acids, adrenals, transfer factor, beta glucans, probiotics, kefir... etc etc. etc. at the moment im doing the GAPS diet, the principles of the lightning process, and yoga... have an appointment with breakspear coming up, it may be that i need to get on some tougher antivirals like valacyclovir..

howirecovered

lol, sounds like a full-time job... I've done my fair share also, been there.

I don't see methylation on your list - ever read about it? Ever had a hair test done for heavy metals?

trickthefox

Yep i've heard about methylation, i tested it with an organix acids test and everything appeared to be normal, plus my B12 serum levels are actually high... something not usual with people with CFS. I have not done a hair test, but have done a urine test which said i had high levels of Xylene in my body, which i am getting rid of by taking Glycine (which is abundant in bone broth)

howirecovered

Good for you Ren, you seem to be very well informed and tested! Doing a little research for you I find this:

"5. One of the jobs that glutathione normally does is to protect your supply of vitamin B12 from reacting with toxins. If left unprotected, vitamin B12 is very reactive chemically. If it reacts with toxins, it can’t be used for its important jobs in your body. A routine blood test for vitamin B12 will not reveal this problem. In fact, many people with CFS appear to have elevated levels of B12 in their blood, while their bodies are not able to use it properly. The best test to reveal this is a urine organic acids test that includes methylmalonic acid. It will be high if the B12 is being sidetracked, and this is commonly seen in people with CFS."​

which leads me to believe you are probably correct in thinking your methylation cycle is not the source of your problems.

The urine test is not considered reliable for looking at heavy metals though and the hair test is fairly inexpensive and extremely helpful. if you scroll down this page you'll see an example (mine) report: http://howirecovered.com/my-toxic-and-essential-elements-hair-test/

Of course xylene looks like pretty nasty stuff and that could explain everything...

trickthefox

Yeah the xylene is a curious one!! The levels were 'very high' and the treatment is glycine, i have been absolutley filling myself with bone broth which is full of glycine so i'm hoping that helps solve my problem! None the less.. i am planning on either going to breakspear or the optimum health clinic in london.. both of which offer tests for things like heavy metals etc. so i may get them checked then :)Thankyou so much for taking the time to get in touch and help :)Happiness and healing your way!!!