• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Stanford Study is Recruiting

Dr. Jose G. Montoya, Associate Professor of Medicine at Stanford, is conducting a study looking for pathogens that may be associated with
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.​
He is looking for patients with CFS who live in the San Francisco Bay Area to participate in the study.​
Participation in the study involves doing a​
20-minute phone screening interview.​
If you are eligible, you will be invited to have a​
60-minute study visit,
including a blood draw.​

There is no cost to participate in the study.​
You will not receive any benefit from participation in this study, other than contributing to research.​
The results of the blood tests will be available to you within 12 months, but they are for research purposes only. If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please contact the study coordinator,
Jane Norris, at (650) 723-8126.
For general information about participant rights,​
contact 1-866-680-2906.​

here is additional information i have re the study:

1. can't have been a participant in what stanford calls Montoya's "big blood draw study (GEISD)."
2. must live in "local bay area counties." santa cruz and sonoma counties are ok.
3. can't be on ritxan or ampligen.
4. can't have been on antibiotics for more than 2 weeks in the past 3 months. can't have been on antirvirals for more than 2 weeks in the past year. can't have been on either in the past 30 days. so, e.g., if you have taken antibiotics or antivirals for 10 days (i.e., less than 2 weeks) within the past 30 days ago, you are out. hope that makes sense.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
It would be nice to FINALLY get the results from the study I am already in, before jumping in to another one. It's been over TWO YEARS and they are still not done.

alice

here is additional information i have re the study:

1. can't have been a participant in what stanford calls Montoya's "big blood draw study (GEISD)."
2. must live in "local bay area counties." santa cruz and sonoma counties are ok.
3. can't be on ritxan or ampligen.
4. can't have been on antibiotics for more than 2 weeks in the past 3 months. can't have been on antirvirals for more than 2 weeks in the past year. can't have been on either in the past 30 days. so, e.g., if you have taken antibiotics or antivirals for 10 days (i.e., less than 2 weeks) within the past 30 days ago, you are out. hope that makes sense.

I called Jane Norris several weeks ago regarding the study. She said they were recruiting 12 (maybe she said 15) more participants for the study.

One additional exclusion criteria: Can't be over 72 years of age.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
It seems odd to be adding only 15 more people. Hopefully, it will finally bring it to a close cause I know all of you involved have got to be anxious. For that fact we are all anxious!!!