• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New questionnaire study by Dr. Leonard Jason's group--looking for participants

richvank

Hi, all.

Dr. Leonard Jason's group at dePaul University has started a new study to better define what the criteria for ME/CFS should be. It consists of a questionnaire that will seek to find out which of the current criteria a person best fits into. There are two master's degree students who will be carrying out this study. At the Ottawa conference, he asked me if I would help to publicize the study.

I have known Dr. Jason for several years. He is a psychologist and an epidemiologist, and in my opinion he and his group have done some of the best epidemiology in ME/CFS that has been done. I encourage people with ME/CFS to volunteer to participate in this study. It will involve responding to their questionnaire, and my understanding is that it will be possible for those who participate to find out their individual results in terms of how they match the alternative criteria.

To get the details, you can contact the team by email at DePaulMECFSResearch@gmail.com You can also contact them by phone at the number below. This is an opportunity to help to develop more focused criteria for ME/CFS, which will ultimately help to enable more focused research and better diagnosis, which is in the interest of all of us.

ME/CFS Research Team
DePaul University
990 W. Fullerton Ave., Suite 3100
Chicago, IL 60614
DePaulMECFSResearch@gmail.com

Best regards,

Rich

Dolphin

I think people from outside the US can take part in this. I took part in research which sounds like this there during the summer (I had previously written to volunteer and had been put on a list).

richvank

I think people from outside the US can take part in this. I took part in research which sounds like this there during the summer (I had previously written to volunteer and had been put on a list).

Hi, Dolphin and the group.

I checked with Abby at dePaul, and yes, people outside the U.S. are welcome to participate in this study.

Best regards,

Rich

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I have E mailed them as well, i hope i can take part -we dont often get the chance to help with research in the U.K.
Thanks for this Rich.:D

Sparrow

I've inquired too. Might be a stretch for me right now because I'm so sick, but I almost think that makes it more important to participate if I can. I've got plenty of symptoms to go around. ;)