• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Particle Found in Blood

borko2100

It's 2020 and we are still discovering new particles in the body. Just goes on to show how little we understand about how the body works, despite all the advances we have made.

Considering the above I find it quite arrogant for laypeople, doctors, scientists, etc. to claim medically unexplained diseases like CFS are not real or just 'psychogenic'.

Maybe those diseases are medically unexplained not because of psychogenicity, but rather because medicine explains nowhere close to 100% of medical issues and illnesses?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
It's 2020 and we are still discovering new particles in the body. Just goes on to show how little we understand about how the body works, despite all the advances we have made.

Considering the above I find it quite arrogant for laypeople, doctors, scientists, etc. to claim medically unexplained diseases like CFS are not real or just 'psychogenic'.

Maybe those diseases are medically unexplained not because of psychogenicity, but rather because medicine explains nowhere close to 100% of medical issues and illnesses?

I honestly think medical science only understands about 10% of what really goes on in the body so far except like you say they can't admit that to themselves so instead they make it the patient's fault.