• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Orexin receptor antagonist

i never tried the belsomra, and was very excited about it too, but my primary said it wasnt working and so i trusted her and never tried it.. i tried to click on the site above, but was not successful when i tried to register.. i googled it and nothing came up, . so im guessing it is in the very early stages.

heapsreal, how is the insomnia doing? i know you suffer with this , as do it. i cycle with the lunesta and the tamazapam., but its not perfect. i wake up at 5am now, something new for me. and its driving me crazy. i cannot survive on 5 or 6 hrs sleep. for me thats like no sleep.

joanie

geraldt52

I was excited when belsomra came to the market but disappointed after trying it😢
I hope this is different👍
My experience with the Belsomra was that it did not work at the recommended dosage, and increasing the dosage made the side effects unbearable. It is my understanding that the FDA required the lower recommended dosage because of the side effects at higher dosages, so it isn't like it wasn't known. I'd be surprised if this new offering is any different given that it is based on the same mechanism.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i never tried the belsomra, and was very excited about it too, but my primary said it wasnt working and so i trusted her and never tried it.. i tried to click on the site above, but was not successful when i tried to register.. i googled it and nothing came up, . so im guessing it is in the very early stages.

heapsreal, how is the insomnia doing? i know you suffer with this , as do it. i cycle with the lunesta and the tamazapam., but its not perfect. i wake up at 5am now, something new for me. and its driving me crazy. i cannot survive on 5 or 6 hrs sleep. for me thats like no sleep.

joanie
Im basically reliant on sleep meds too. Sleep always been an issue. But get 5 to7hrs a nighr, never enough . About once a week have a night from hell like last night which is between zero and 3 hrs. Last night had 2 hrs and some how functioned at work. Basically zopiclone or valium as my benzo and antihistamines to top it off to keep me asleep.

Belsomra if anything reminded me more like and antihistamine, i felt tired but couldnt nod off but then took a benzo and slept quite well.

So no cure yet unfortunately.

heapsreal

My experience with the Belsomra was that it did not work at the recommended dosage, and increasing the dosage made the side effects unbearable. It is my understanding that the FDA required the lower recommended dosage because of the side effects at higher dosages, so it isn't like it wasn't known. I'd be surprised if this new offering is any different given that it is based on the same mechanism.

What was your dose? I was taking 20mg tabs. Maybe i might consider 30mg although the cost limits me. As its a private script in oz.

geraldt52

What was your dose? I was taking 20mg tabs. Maybe i might consider 30mg although the cost limits me. As its a private script in oz.
It has been a long time but my memory is that it came as 10, 15, and 20 mg tabs, each roughly the same price. I think I tried taking 30 and 40 mg, and sleep improved, although not dramatically, but the side effects were unbearable and the cost was ridiculous having to take two tabs. I was determined to make it work, but it was really useless.

heapsreal

It has been a long time but my memory is that it came as 10, 15, and 20 mg tabs, each roughly the same price. I think I tried taking 30 and 40 mg, and sleep improved, although not dramatically, but the side effects were unbearable and the cost was ridiculous having to take two tabs. I was determined to make it work, but it was really useless.

I wish they would come out with some new super benzo with no tolerance, keeps working justlike the first time. Or some type of med that could just reverse tolerance.