• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New ongoing research from Solve ME/CFS Initiative team #5

ljimbo423

New ongoing research from Solve ME/CFS Initiative team #5. More research into the gut/microbiome/ immune system interaction!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Eran Segal, PhD, is a computational biologist specializing in the role of the human microbiome in health and disease. He focuses on the development of personalized medicine approaches that combine human genetics, the microbiome, and nutrition.

Dr. Segal summarizes his work in a fascinating TEDx talk
here.
Dr. Segal is lead investigator of a Ramsay 2017 project exploring the gut microbiota-immune system interaction in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). His research group is using a multidisciplinary approach that combines both experimental and computation-based methods.

You can read more about the study, titled “Deciphering antibody reactivities against autoantigens & the microbiome in ME/CFS”, in an interview with Dr. Segal and Thomas Vogl, a postgraduate student in his group, below.

You can read the Research Team 5 study abstract here.

LINK

Jim