• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEW NICE GUIDELINES PUBLISHED 29th October 2021

Rufous McKinney

After many months of people complaining that ME clinics were refusing to implement the new guidelines, NICE releases this on International ME and Fibromyalgia Awareness Day:

Who are the commissioners frequently referred to?

I eventually found the 88 page guidelines. There is a sentence which indicates: there are no treatments.

However, it does seem to attempt to remedy past crimes, and elevates the patient. Hopefully things will improve.

Pyrrhus

Belgium will adapt it's disability policies based on the new NICE guidelines:

"The Belgian National Institute for Health and Disability Insurance (@RIZIV_INAMI) should update its convention on ME/CFS by the end of 2022. It will be based on the 2021 NICE guidelines To be continued. Congratulations to the associations 12ME & #MillionsMissing Belgium! Work continues in #MillionsMissing Belgium!"