• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New #MEAction piece on Cochrane review of exercise therapy for CFS

Tom Kindlon

New #MEaction piece:

Note that the title is not now accurate as rather than remove the review, the following has been put on the review:

NOTES
This review is subject to an ongoing process of review and revision following the submission of a formal complaint to the Editor in Chief. Cochrane considers all feedback and complaints carefully, and revises or updates reviews when it is appropriate. The review author team have advised us that a resubmission of this review is imminent. A decision on the status of this review will be made once this resubmission has been through editorial process, which we anticipate will be towards the end of November 2018.

Piece includes discussion of the recently published paper by Mark Vink and Alexandra Vink-Niese re-analysing the Cochrane review, the open letter on the review, signed by 40 academics and clinicians, and a quote from me.

https://www.meaction.net/2018/10/27/cochrane-temporarily-removes-review-of-exercise-therapy-for-cfs/

Countrygirl

I have checked the site several times now over some hours, and the note has vanished, and the review itself is still there.

Can others see the note? Has there been another telephone call and has Cochrane been 'leaned on' again? :(