• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New evidence of the dirty tricks and intimidation Prof Wessely and wife still use

Countrygirl

I thought this was worth posting as it reveals the type of very dirty tricks that are still played by both Sir Professor Simon Wessely and his wife. (Is he still a member here by the way?)

Dr Emma Reinhold is an unusual GP who knows about ME, EDS, POTS and MCAS and speaks out about the fashion to label patients with a MUS diagnosis by doctors who lack the knowledge of these conditions.

She is working towards creating a toolkit for doctors about EDS. However, she tweeted to Dr Ben Goldacre about the discredited PACE trial, not knowing his connection to Wessely. Read her two tweets below to see how this led to intimidation and threats by both Dr CG, Wessely's wife, and Wessely himself. They apparently don't care about damaging patients. Note too that DR ER had been instructed not to mention the word 'fatigue' in the EDS toolkit..........if she is still permitted to create it after criticising PACE. What a strangle-hold these unethical, powerful people have in the UK Establishment to the very serious detriment of patients.

17Louise Reed, Leela Play and 15 others

8 Comments