• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

new empowher article: "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: 10 Ways To Make Thanksgiving Easier"

Merry

Hi, Jody.

I'm glad to find your article (with all that good advice) today. If I don't forget, I'll print it out to have on hand when someone wonders why I find it easier to be alone on a holiday.

For lunch I microwaved a link of turkey sausage (sweet Italian) and a sweet potato. Then I enjoyed a nice long nap. Next I'll watch a dvd. Peaceful day.

I'm sorry I didn't wish you Happy Thanksgiving in October.

Merry

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Good article! We drove to my sisters house and the whole family was together. So nice. Everyone was wonderful to me, they are so sweet. I retreated to a cool, dark room twice. I am blessed with a hubby and family that are amazing. We had a wonderful Thanlsgiving.

Oh my Mom is always making yummy gluten free food for me, she brought gfree stuffing and cranberry oat squares for me.

This article is great, one of the best things I've read in a long time.
In few words it describes CFS perfectly (even to those that still don't understand it) while providing sound advice
to cope with holidays. Great job!

Jody

Hi, Jody.

I'm glad to find your article (with all that good advice) today. If I don't forget, I'll print it out to have on hand when someone wonders why I find it easier to be alone on a holiday.

For lunch I microwaved a link of turkey sausage (sweet Italian) and a sweet potato. Then I enjoyed a nice long nap. Next I'll watch a dvd. Peaceful day.

I'm sorry I didn't wish you Happy Thanksgiving in October.

Merry

Merry,

I'd have liked to have responded much sooner, but 3 wks of tendinitis in my right arm has caused certain restrictions on the keyboard. :rolleyes:

Well I'm touched that you'd consider what I wrote could fill the role of informing the uninformed. Hope you didn't need it, if you did, hope it did the job.

Turkey sausage and sweet potato ... sounds like you hit all the high notes of the day.:D

You were sorry you didn't wish me Happy Thanksgiving in October (Canada's) and I wish I could have wished you Happy Thanksgiving in November. :D

Jody

Good article! We drove to my sisters house and the whole family was together. So nice. Everyone was wonderful to me, they are so sweet. I retreated to a cool, dark room twice. I am blessed with a hubby and family that are amazing. We had a wonderful Thanlsgiving.

Oh my Mom is always making yummy gluten free food for me, she brought gfree stuffing and cranberry oat squares for me.

Sallysblooms,

I'd have replied sooner but tendinitis got in the way till now. It sounds like you had a great day with some great people.

I hope you can have a successful encore at Christmas.:Retro smile:

Jody

This article is great, one of the best things I've read in a long time.
In few words it describes CFS perfectly (even to those that still don't understand it) while providing sound advice
to cope with holidays. Great job!

river,

Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement. Sometimes I feel like it's all been said before, and some of my articles for empowher would probably never see the light of day were it not for deadlines and job requirements. :D

I appreciate the reminder that there's a whole world out there who just doesn't know. And the more times we talk about it and the more ways we can describe it, ... the more places folks will bump into it, the better.

I told a blogger friend of mine last year, we'll just have to paper the internet, so that the false and misleading "information" out there gets drowned out and buried by ... us. :D

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Jody! Good to see you here. I miss you.

Sorry to hear about the tendinitis, and glad to hear it has resolved itself.

Have a peaceful pleasant holiday...
:hug::hug::hug:

Jody

Jody! Good to see you here. I miss you.

Sorry to hear about the tendinitis, and glad to hear it has resolved itself.

Have a peaceful pleasant holiday...
:hug::hug::hug:

Hey DB,

Not to say resolved itself exactly ... still do most of my clicking with my left hand and a bit of typing as well. But I am able to use both hands quite a bit. Can dress myself again, cut my own food, and carry my own dishes.

Can't reach up quickly, and some angles with the arm are impossible or at the very least a really bad idea. Have to sleep flat on my back which is not my first choice. Haven't been outside in 3 wks. Don't know if I could lace up my own boots ... ? Maybe.
Or Al would do it. :rolleyes:

Back of my neck and shoulders are complaining ALOT. But it's way better than 3 wks ago as I descended back into body captivity again. Am definitely on my way back out again.

I hope yours is peaceful, pleasant ... and I hope you get to have some fun. :Retro smile:

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Wow... that sucks, Jody.:( Body captivity is really a good way to describe it. Still, I am glad there's some improvement.

I have been thru hell the past 3 months too... and am still digging my way back to bearably miserable... a nice change tho, from unbearably miserable.

FUN would be a good thing... if only I could imagine what that felt like. :rolleyes:

Jody

Wow... that sucks, Jody.:( Body captivity is really a good way to describe it. Still, I am glad there's some improvement.

I have been thru hell the past 3 months too... and am still digging my way back to bearably miserable... a nice change tho, from unbearably miserable.

FUN would be a good thing... if only I could imagine what that felt like. :rolleyes:

db,

I really have no room for complaints right now. I'm on the mend and everything is manageable, so I'm grateful.

You're going through a grisly time, I know. I'm glad you've upgraded to bearably miserable at least. I know how that can be and ... at least there is a bit of relief there. Not much, but better than it was.

Ah, fun. You've forgotten what it's like, it's been so long. But you will recognize it when you finally have a chance to bump into it again.

Keep going within, baby. I think that's where you will find your greatest wellspring. Takes patience, and determination. But I see that wellspring in you, for what it's worth. And the river runs deep in you. I see it.