• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

new empowher article: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: 10 Resources Shine Some Light On XMRV

liverock

Jody

You have chosen a good range of sites from the whole spectrum of people connected in various ways to CFS, researchers, patient advocates, journalists and patients themselves.

I like the patientadvocate.blog myself and in particular the recent article on Amy Dockus Marcus, who has come to be recognised as the most respected mainstream journalist writing about CFS and XMRV.

I like the way she has taken the time to become informed about XMRV before going into print, something most journalists dont bother to do.
She is also worth cultivating by CFS advocates as she is a Pulitzer Prize winner for an article she wrote on Cancer.

I think she might have the idea that if she can be recognised as the journalist running with the XMRV story from the beginning, when it becomes a big story she might be in the running again for the PP. A smart lady.

Jody

Good idea. Great work. Could have done with this a while back.

Thanks Rusty

I know the feeling. When I first started looking for CFS info on the net, I had no idea where to look. I googled CFS and anything else I could think of but it was so hard to evaluate anything. I had nothing to go by but my own cfs-addled trial and error.

My first stroke of good fortune would have been finding Cort Johnson. Things got easier after that in terms of finding information and knowing how to look at it.

Jody

Jody

You have chosen a good range of sites from the whole spectrum of people connected in various ways to CFS, researchers, patient advocates, journalists and patients themselves.

I like the patientadvocate.blog myself and in particular the recent article on Amy Dockus Marcus, who has come to be recognised as the most respected mainstream journalist writing about CFS and XMRV.

I like the way she has taken the time to become informed about XMRV before going into print, something most journalists dont bother to do.
She is also worth cultivating by CFS advocates as she is a Pulitzer Prize winner for an article she wrote on Cancer.

I think she might have the idea that if she can be recognised as the journalist running with the XMRV story from the beginning, when it becomes a big story she might be in the running again for the PP. A smart lady.

Thanks Liverock.

I like those guys too. :Retro smile:

*GG*

Thanks Rusty

I know the feeling. When I first started looking for CFS info on the net, I had no idea where to look. I googled CFS and anything else I could think of but it was so hard to evaluate anything. I had nothing to go by but my own cfs-addled trial and error.

My first stroke of good fortune would have been finding Cort Johnson. Things got easier after that in terms of finding information and knowing how to look at it.

Ditto!:D