• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New article "The Westinghouse"

Sunday

Enjoyed that. Think you could get some kind of kickback from Westinghouse for promoting them?

jackie

Hey Jody

OK....Ok....I'm WESTING! Just like that waskelly wabbit. (Great joke!)

But I still gotta talk now and then!? Just one other post today because I couldn't resist when I saw a fellow anti-viraler online.

But that's all - except for this.

Now, I have to say I'm REALLY enjoying your Ncubator blogs. I actually read and re-read them (ALL of them)!

Partly because I'm getting such a kick, and partly because I can't remember if I've read them or not, day to day.

I didn't realize that Al had Fibro (thought he had cfs like you guys). My good thoughts go out to you both (really, the whole family). Truly.

Until recently I was so grateful to think we (husband and I) had dodged a bullet - me being the only one affected with ME/CFS.

John is exhibiting what I will call "wonky" symptoms and I'm getting a bit nervous.

Of course, he will NOT acknowledge any problems yet.

It didn't help that the last time I had an appointment with my Infectious Disease Doc, He made JOHN lie down on the table (quite unexpected), poked around at his stomach really hard...John yelped, and the Doc mumbled to himself!

John cleared out of that office SO FAST! We'll go back next month.

Granted we ARE getting older - But after living with him since we were 20, I know what's normal and what isn't. (So am watching with a beady eye!)

Oh that man of mine...........jackie

Jody

Jackie,

I'm glad to know my articles can be recycled day after day and not lose their appeal for you. One advantage of a cfs brain? :)

Thanks for the thoughts for me and mine.

I hope it doesn't turn out that John has this too.

MEKoan

Really nicely done, Jody! You have a very good "voice". Wapping it up with Westinghouse was a stwoke of pwoowa genius!
Koan

leelaplay

oh you wascally wabbit Jody! I do enjoy your posts and articles. Your stories are like pictures for me - in detailing a scene or situation, you paint a much bigger picture that we can read (hope that's clear!)

thanks

Snez

Jody, all the above comments are spot on and I have had similar thoughts.

I read your article some time ago Jody and I did mean to comment on it- so here it is-
I also thought it was very cute but my most immediate thought was "TWOO WUV" (Peter Cook, the priest, from The Princess Bride):D:D.

There appears to be lots of TWOO WUV in your Westinghouse- I WUV it:D

Can also welate to dishing out suppwements to the famewy- so many bodies to keep heawfy.

wots of wuv,

Snez:)

Jody

Ah! Finally!

People who appreciate my Westinghouse Wabbit. :D

Koan, Marie, Islandfinn, Snez ...

I feel validated! Thanks. :)

Islandfinn, it's funny, though what I work with is words, I often feel like I'm creating a picture with them. Tweaking the wording feels like I'm tweaking the shading or colour ... :)