• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New action being planned by MEAction

frozenborderline

I got this email from MEAction and thought id Share the text here as it seems to be an important campaign.

You've signed the #NotEnough4ME petition and I'm deeply grateful for your support. We already have over 5K signatures demanding Dr. Koroshetz and the NIH take action now for ME research!
But I need to ask something else from you.
I'm looking for at least 100 people who would be willing to take part in a virtual action we are planning for the next phase of this campaign. We have just one week to get ready, and I really need you to join us.
I promise it will be simple. I can’t say too much here but it will involve:
  • Taking at least a 15 second video of yourself
  • Posting it to social media at a specified time
  • Sharing the video file directly with us.
It will be easy and you can be as minimal or as creative as you want to be.
Email me back “I’M IN,” and I’ll explain everything you need to know.
You can also hear more about our virtual action at our “secret” Tuesday community meeting, but it’s not required: http://bit.ly/NotENough4ME-meeting
Can I tell you a secret? I hate posting things to social media. I’d be perfectly content to never need to be “online” in this way. You may not share these feelings, but in case you do I want to be clear I need you, Walker, to take this virtual action with me not because it is comfortable, but because it is bold.
In doing this we unite our names, faces, and voices in common purpose together. This must be the beginning of the end of the NIH’s shameful neglect of our community.
Last night, I gathered in a living room with the friends and family of a person with severe ME who died this week. It was emotional for me to be able to hug and personally thank the circle of devoted friends and caregivers who had tried so hard to support this person in a fight with such a cruel disease. There was so much love, and light, and pain in that room. I’m done with the empty bureaucratic excuses recycled by the NIH and Dr. Koroshetz. We all know the actions that need to be taken to end this crisis, and that what they are doing now is not enough to save lives.
Will you be one of the hundred that join me in putting our faces and voices to this fight?
In Solidarity,
Ben HsuBorger
Campaigns Director
#MEAction"

Bumping this as the "secret" community call for this is happening TODAY (Tues 11/12) at 3p ET / 12p PT. For it to be effective, we need as many #pwME and allies as possible to join in!

Who's able to help with this? I truly believe that the escalating collective action campaign #MEAction is planning is the best way to make massive change happen quickly. So please join our effort if you can!

Anyone who sees this message in time can sign up via the form below. (No worries if the timing doesn't work-- we'll make a recording of the meeting available to people who pre-registered.) If you see this message after the meeting or would prefer written instructions, just email "I'm in" to ben@meaction.net. Thanks to anyone who has already signed up-- looking forward to bringing the fight to the NIH together!

[https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...jj5SaySw-ZzYSNHi-ZcBjE7S5LPudNtPvrWf1BA8vQck)

frozenborderline

Shoot, i missed this. Dealing with a nightmare health and logistics wise right now. But will try and follow up anyway.

Shoot, i missed this. Dealing with a nightmare health and logistics wise right now. But will try and follow up anyway.

No worries @debored13 , do what you need to do and take care of yourself! You'll receive an email with written instructions about how to participate in the action, but you can always do so after the initial launch, so just do what you can. And yes, that is a great way for you to help if you can! Thanks so much for posting about this in advance, as I clearly didn't get to it til today!

Sorry things are so rough and good luck sorting things out :heart: