• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nettle and Chamomile

godlovesatrier

Nettle is a h2 blocker, so that makes sense for your mcas. I have only take peppermint tea myself, which is a h1 anti histamine. It also reduced swelling in my throat due to the menthol.

I did try to get nettle tea but was not successful :(

I also found out rosehip tea has the best anti bacterial action for throat infections.

So all I know is your thinking is sound, it should help calm down your mcas and I personally take the Solgar Quercitin capsules when I am having a weird flare up it definitely calms down an all body allergic reaction - which is very similar to an MCAS reaction.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
We used to use brigham and nettle together for my Mom's allergies. The brigham is a natural sudafed (ephedra) so may be overstimulating for some but we only used a pinch of each when her nose was plugged.

The brigham got very hard to find after many companies discontinued selling it. However, it can still be found once in a while as leaves on ebay. It makes a nice tasting tea.

Nettle is also good for the kidneys but very high in vitamin K1 which can be contraindicated for people on blood thinners.