• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Netflix Original “The Bleeding Edge”

leokitten

I’m watching this now and wow, the amount of life-altering devastation these poor women and men have suffered due to being implanted with inadequately tested medical devices gone wrong reminds me, in a way, to what we’ve gone through with ME/CFS.

Check out “The Bleeding Edge” on Netflix
https://www.netflix.com/title/80170862

I didn’t realize how messed up the medical device approval system is here in this country. Profit & greed, profit & greed, that’s all that matters in the USA.

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

@leokitten My step-daughter and I just watched "The Bleeding Edge" on Netflix tonight (thank you for the recommendation!) and it was gut-wrenching.

The corruption of the medical device industry is as bad (or worse) than Big Pharma. My heart broke for several of the women in that film, and parts were hard to watch, but it looks like at least one product will be pulled off the US market by the end of 2018 b/c of the advocacy of those women.

It never ceases to amaze me when medications or medical devices have been pulled off the market world-wide yet are allowed to continue to be sold/ used in the US without any safety warnings.