• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nausea

Rufous McKinney

There is some kind of general aversion to food, and eating....associated with Sickness Behavior. (slightly theoretical)...
Then anxiety or anxious situations, now I"m not really eating much of this lunch, out someplace where I am not supposed to be......
Social eating has been an issue of years- the pot luck, the group of people chatting and having a great fun time eating...over stimulated, not enjoying this food.
Severe nausea pregnant- thats a given
Episodes of nausea associated with recurrent viral (probably) gastroperesis
IBS-d includes feeling nauseated during bowel activity.

The chinese traditional herbs include some good formulas (think over the counter pills) for nausea and I have found them helpful.

The doctors pill for nausea, like they gave me in the ER? that causes my gut to turned to cement. I cannot tolerate them and they don't seem to stop the nausea, anyway. Very lousy, the pill or shot for nausea.

Rufous McKinney

sometexan84

How common is nausea in ME?
Any tips for managing please?
It's quite common in ME/CFS and LC/PASC. Thing that seems to have helped w/ the highest success rate (that I've seen) is Larazotide Acetate... it fixed my nausea and at least 2 or 3 others.... for me, it was like 1-2 weeks in when my nausea went away.

LA is something that helps seal up compromised gut lining.