• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Naturopathic treatment

Jody

I think my naturopath's view of my treatment would go something like this.

While she pays close attention to my symptoms, to read how we're doing, her main focus is on getting to the source of the problems, so she zeroes in on detoxification and building up health. As the body becomes stronger and healthier the symptoms begin to disappear.

She started out aiming to detoxify my liver, and bloodstream, clear out toxins in my GI system, and strengthen my immune system.

We started out slowly and gently with all of it, because as detoxing would take place I would often get sick from it for awhile, so though the unpleasant results were distressing at the time, they were also an indicator that the treatments were effective, and were gradually bringing me to better health.