• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Natural Sleep Aids?

curry

Hi guys,

Could you please recommend a natural sleeping aid, or any other which is available over the counter?

I've been using so far Nytol, which works like a charm - but unfortunately wears off after some weeks.

So, if you know of any other brand which has helped you, please let me know. :thumbsup:

Many thanks.

kat0465

Curry,
i have had good luck with sleepMD.it keeps me asleep and i dont feel groggy when i wake up.they make a whole line of products.
i have used the heartburnMD also.
melatonin also helped some. hope you get some relief.

Kat

curry

Hi Kat0465

Thank you for the tip regarding SleepMD. Much appreciated.
(The main ingredient is a hormone though, which I'm a bit cautious to take over a longer period.)

So any further tips for natural sleep aids would be greatly appreciated. :Retro smile:

caledonia

Magnesium, l-theanine, 5htp, melatonin, Seditol (herbal preparation), kavinace, seriphos. It kind of depends on what your sleep issues are. A cocktail will likely be more effective than one thing.

Have you had a sleep study done? You might be surprised at what shows up.

dannybex

What Caledonia said. :)

1-3 milligrams of melatonin knocks me out within an hour or so...gives me pretty deep sleep too. Wake up feeling like...well, you know, but I'd probably feel worse if i didn't get any sleep. Also seriphos has been helpful, but has more of a subtle gradual influence.