• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nanoneedle update: finding what's in the blood

boolybooly

This is great news. It will be very interesting to see what this kind of assay can tell us about the signalling mechanism involved in the nanoneedle observations and I hope and feel sure the ME community will back you all the way on this one because we want to know too :) I know I do!

Best of luck.

godlovesatrier

Does anyone know how much money they actually need? We should start a lottery syndicate for everyone on phoenix rising - then donate the pot to the fund! haha. I will happily organise!

Even so I'd be interested to know how much money is needed. I do wonder with my limited capacity - which is more than some, if I couldn't help somehow.

Rufous McKinney

The correlation between CFS/ME and some autoimmune disorders

I feel like its autonomic,,,dysfunction...more and more as I get these odder and odder symptoms....

(stomach not emptying; erratic blood pressure all over the place...; and something I can switch off which results in my functions improving within a few minutes. Why can I seem to make energy at 10 pm, but not earlier?)

FMMM1

seems like they were saying they only needed a few hundred dollars for an improved nannoneedle...but the limitation seemed to be the one person working on the issue, in their spare time..on Fridays or something...

We speculate on....

Yea the guy who was leading on the nano-needle got a (permanent?) job in another university (Irvine?)

Nano-needle gets a mention in this talk [$30,000? to upgrade it to a multi-channel device].
https://www.omf.ngo/2019/12/09/dr-ron-davis-hosts-a-bedside-chat-with-omf-correspondent-ben-h/

An update from OMF would be good -- it's about a month since the above talk Ron/Ben H
@Ben H @Janet Dafoe (Rose49)

Post by Janet here:
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...inding-whats-in-the-blood.78592/#post-2248650

Last edited:

pattismith

I feel like its autonomic,,,dysfunction...more and more as I get these odder and odder symptoms....

(stomach not emptying; erratic blood pressure all over the place...; and something I can switch off which results in my functions improving within a few minutes. Why can I seem to make energy at 10 pm, but not earlier?)
yes, same here: My ME/CFS/Fibro looks like an autonomic nervous system disorder as well. The fact I don't have POTS nor OI were confusing to me, but you can suffer with autonomic disorder without any orthostatic syndrome.
Given the fact that some autonomic disorders are very often auto-immune in nature, if you have some evidence that some auto-immunity is at play for you, this is a serious track to follow

Juanita Vee

Sorry to interrupt! I have a Public Service Announcement and am posting here as this is one of the most popular threads:

Phoenix Rising members, we are still need 1 or 2 more volunteers to help with birthdays! If you post on here regularly, please consider volunteering, it is a simple way to help our community be great! Please PM me if interested.

Now back to nano-needles!!

godlovesatrier

It's odd I feel like my ME flares badly whenever I get a cold and is worse with a virus. But if my system is totally clear as it is in the UK from April 1st to Oct 1st, with a little bump in the summer - I tend to feel a lot better. I have many times felt terrific in the summer months when taking anti viral immune stimulatory botanicals like andrographis or reishi/shitakki/maitakki mix. But the effects in the winter of these is about 90% less with a cold, bug or virus. It makes me wonder if any of these mitochondrial drugs that we don't really know about yet but Ron found in his research will actually help me at all. I guess I would just love to get back to a normal level of neuro and physiological function.

Wishful

It's odd I feel like my ME flares badly whenever I get a cold and is worse with a virus.

I've only had a couple of viral infections since developing ME in 2001, but yes, they made my ME symptoms much more severe. Type IV food sensitivity (t-cell reaction) caused similar increases in ME severity.