• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Naltrexone, NK cells and the calcium ion channel research

Rufous McKinney

I know maybe 20 people who are either on LDN or have been on it for a significant course in the past and none of them took it FOR pain , I'm not really aware of any of them getting pain reduction from it, just things like a little more mental clarity, faster recovery after exertion, temperature tolerance, deeper sleep.

I went about 5 days without ldn when I ran out once and some old symptoms that had considerably lessoned were starting to return, inflammatory mostly, or mast cell type stuff.

I then ran out in late august when I could not get it shipped to mexico. so I went without for about 15 days. It was just difficult teasing out those changes from the other things going on including traveling back.

I continue to take 3.5 mgs. That and the chinese herbs...BCAAs have helped some.

Wishful

great point. I know maybe 20 people who are either on LDN or have been on it for a significant course in the past and none of them took it FOR pain , I'm not really aware of any of them getting pain reduction from it, just things like a little more mental clarity, faster recovery after exertion, temperature tolerance, deeper sleep.

For me, LDN was very effective for blocking my neuropathic pain. I didn't notice any other benefits. My ME is pretty non-standard though... :rolleyes:

Rufous McKinney

Trouble is, it doesnt help a lot of us.

I'm convinced its helped me quite a bit, and do not willingly give it up.

At the same time, it does not seem to prevent the continued trajectory ....its a symptom reducer but not a eliminator.

If I was asked to choose, I would never give up the Chinese Traditional Herbs. They have helped this illness more than any thing.

SlamDancin

I took this research to mean high doses should be tested. Using some protocols for mitigation of side effects, I’ve tried 25 and 50 mg. It does have some research showing th1 enhancement and one study showed improvements in CFS immune markers using similar full non selective opioid receptor blocker. So far it’s not a fun drug but I do feel like my immune system has strengthened some and that has improved energy moderately. It also helps with my depersonalization through its kappa opioid receptor antagonism.

*ill edit in citations when I have the energy*

Sing

I'm convinced its helped me quite a bit, and do not willingly give it up.

At the same time, it does not seem to prevent the continued trajectory ....its a symptom reducer but not a eliminator.

If I was asked to choose, I would never give up the Chinese Traditional Herbs. They have helped this illness more than any thing.
Could I ask what herbs you find valuable? Or have you gone into this on another thread?

EtherSpin

I took this research to mean high doses should be tested. Using some protocols for mitigation of side effects, I’ve tried 25 and 50 mg

*ill edit in citations when I have the energy*

THANK you.

I'll look forward to that if and when you are up to it
I couldn't tell if they had any information yet about dosage and if this was old information elucidating the limited help we can get from 1 to 4.5mg OR if we were talking about new effects observed at a specific dosage range perhaps higher or lower than current protocols