• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NADH, but not NAD+ or Nicotinamide, increases ATP output in isolated cardiomyocytes

I found this very interesting study showing that NADH increases ATP output in isolated cardiomyocytes under simulated stress, whereas equimolar concentration of NAD+ and Nicotinamide don't:

bph_749_f4.gif

Source: https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1038/sj.bjp.0705300

Mary

Moderator Resource
This IS interesting. Back in 2004, NADH gave me a remarkable boost for about 10 days - lots of energy, no crashing, and then it just stopped helping. A few years ago I tried NAD+ - nicotinamide riboside - with no benefit.

I did try NADH off and on for several years after my initial good experience but it never had the same effect again. Though maybe it's time to give it a try again . . .

This IS interesting. Back in 2004, NADH gave me a remarkable boost for about 10 days - lots of energy, no crashing, and then it just stopped helping. A few years ago I tried NAD+ - nicotinamide riboside - with no benefit.

I did try NADH off and on for several years after my initial good experience but it never had the same effect again. Though maybe it's time to give it a try again . . .

In your experience with NADH, including the on and off part, did you take injectable NADH? Or an oral supplement?

Mary

Moderator Resource
In your experience with NADH, including the on and off part, did you take injectable NADH? Or an oral supplement?
It was sublingual. It's been so long, It was either 10 or 20 mg, I can't remember which

ETA: Not correct - I just remembered, it wasn't sublingual, it was oral, and I think it was enteric coated, like ENADA. And it was either 10 or 20 mg. a day, I can't remember which.

livinglighter

I'm currently taking NAD+ alongside D-ribose and it is currently working for me.
D-ribose stopped being as effective when I experienced a severe relapse/crash earlier this year.