• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

N-acetylcysteine (NAC) Crash

godlovesatrier

Just wanted to write an update to say I am still taking 2g NAC 3x a day. It definitely helps a lot with various symptoms, of course I've combined it with other things, but it definitely helps in recovering from a crash or from exertion. But as it has all sorts of other effects both anti viral and mito protective I suspect combined with everything else it's good stuff to take.

My recent blood tests do show a drop in white blood cell counts and my neutrophils are below the line, that is the low level is about 2.1 and mine is 1.7 but the others are just above the lowest range. I haven't figured out what's caused this yet. However my pre covid (2nd jab) lab tests showed my white blood cells were actually in a pretty good state compared to past test results. But my kidney and liver tests have always been fine, no issues at all there.