• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My mthfr with gene screening

Dear all, ive suffered for years of seasonal cronic fatigue syndrome plus some others symptoms such as short breath, brain fog, memory loss and intermittent depression/anxiety. Im 38 yo and started with all of this mainly in my 30ies.
A few months ago, thanks to a thread on this forum, i tried to supply with methylfolate and metylB12 getting an immediate relief. It lasted a few days (lets say a week), after that i started suffering of anxiety and/or letargy. Then I stopped taking anything and i observed a gradual decrease of the sides (I think i was overmethylating).
Thanks to this try, I decided to order a kit for genes screening (i live in Italy and I had to receive the kit from the US), you can see the result in attach. Im hetero for c977T and cbs699T and got at least three homo BHMT. A gene (VDRtaq) seems to be involved in vit D reception also, this could be the reason why the simptoms were more serious in the falling winter.
Anyway now im mostly supplementing with riboflavine and D3 and i feel good. A more complete supplement including methylfolate, methyB12, TMC , p-5-p etc only once a week or so.
Do you have any comment, especially referring to the content of the attach?

Many thanks to you all!

Attachments

• 17a9e6f.jpg
    17a9e6f.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 24

sometexan84

Seems like there should be more information.

I think one of the high risks VDR, involved HPA Axis / Endocrine.