• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My C. Diff experience

This post is more about an interesting tidbit in case anyone else gets c. diff since I saw that here and thought this might help than trying to pollute the conversation with something irrelevant to ME/CFS.

My mother got c diff and I kinda forgot about it and used the same toilet she did, turns out some of the water got up my bum, haha. I treated it 12 hours after that incident because I was starting to have some abdominal cramping and a sorta diahrrea feeling even though it didn't mainfest in the toilet. I did a coffee enema and oral drink, each containing a tea of berberines made from oregon grape root and goldenseal. I did that in the morning. In the afternoon I drank diatamecous earth. At night, I drank probiotics. I did all that for 2 days and felt back to normal.

My mother was getting worse with the treatments the doctors gave me, she got the c diff after taking an antibiotic and the antibiotic for the c diff made things better for a bit but then she got worse. Finally after 2 weeks of asking her to try what I tried, she gave in, her diahhrea and wait loss stopped for a few days, got slightly worse for a week, then she got better. She was drinking probiotics and prebiotics after the 2 day treatment. Interestingly, she was on 20mg/day lisenopril which is contraindicative because the berberines impede the cytochrome P450's responsible for breaking down the beta blocker, but I guess in her case it didn't have an affect. I really should have checked that beforehand, even though I did ask her for what medications she was on, I don't think she mentioned the lisenopril. Lucky she was fine.