• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

my 2nd article, Retrovirus XMRV and Hope for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

Jody

Take note, in the Resources.

Cort's blog, the forums homepage and the XMRV section of the forums are all linked at the bottom of my article.

I checked with my editor as to whether that would be appropriate for me to use these links as resources, since I am assistant administrator here.

I sent her links to check them out if she wanted. She emailed me to say I should go ahead and use 'em. :)

Jody

Thanks Dainty.

I am pretty lucky, with empowher.com.

My editor is wonderful. Gives me guidance when I ask her for it, and listens to my suggestions and thoughts when I have any. :)

This XMRV topic for this week was her idea. Neat, huh? :)

mezombie

I think you hit another home run with this article, Jody.

I'm impressed at how much information you manage to fit into your 400 word limit. I know that's not easy.

I really like the way you impressed on readers that, no matter what role XMRV plays in our disease, it is a biomarker that takes it out of the psychiatric realm.

And you are doing a terrific job at getting the word out to people who might otherwise not know about this.

Thank you!

Jody

Thanks Marie,

You're right, it's not easy getting everything into 400 words. I have to keep distilling things down to what seems like the essentials for the article. Easier to just be wordy and try to cover everything. :)

I appreciate your encouragement. :)

InvertedTree

I think you hit another home run with this article, Jody.

I'm impressed at how much information you manage to fit into your 400 word limit. I know that's not easy.

I really like the way you impressed on readers that, no matter what role XMRV plays in our disease, it is a biomarker that takes it out of the psychiatric realm.

And you are doing a terrific job at getting the word out to people who might otherwise not know about this.

Thank you!

I agree with Marie. Another excellent piece of writing. Thank you. :)

Jody

Thanks Terri,

It's nice to get feedback. Most of the time I'm really not sure how well I've hit it.

It's nice to be reassured. :)

Summer

Jody, another great article! I love that I can share your articles and I am getting good feedback from them! Thank you so very much! :)

MEG

XMRV article

Jody,
Excellent piece of writing....easy for anyone to understand.

And I like the part that we are NOT psych patients! This is real, and awful.

Keep up the great work...and thanks for using your precious energy to help all of us.