• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

mulunga/herb

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
hi,
insomnia is one of my worst symptoms and have done the rounds of lots of things and rotate between meds and herbs etc. I have used other herbs before and some help you relax but not sleep and can help improve sleep when used with other stuff like antihistamines etc. But i stumbled across a herb called mulunga and it works really well, helps improve quality of sleep and wake up feeling more refreshed then many other meds/herbs. It tastes awful, but now i bought a capsule press and take 2-4 caps, i only use it 1-2 nights a week like most things i use, so hopefully reduce tolerance and it keeps working for me.

Another i am yet to try which looks interesting is the herb californian poppy. Anyone tried this?

Other stuff i use are imovane/zopiclone, antihistamines, and occassional seroquel when nothing works lol. But would like to reduce the meds i use for sleep and try and find more natural stuff which is kinder on the body. Have used valerian, passionflower, relora, theanine, melatonin and still do. i think the more choices the more i can reduce tolerance and hopefully get good sleep every night.

cheers!!

Frank

I have californian poppy (Eschscholzia californica), but i didn't use it. Because i informed myself somewhat better (google) and there are maybe interactions with klonopin (and other benziodopamines) wich i'm taking as well.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
hi jody, havent tried the rescue remedy, will have to put on my list of things to try.

Hi s5044726, how did you hear of calafornian poppy and do u know of anyone else who may have tried it.