• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mouth sores?

chilove

I get several bad very painful mouth sores whenever I have an EBV flare (or maybe it's CMV flaring, I'm not sure). Has anyone found anything that helps them go away faster and stay away? I've Tagament and an herbal protocol before but this time it's not working. Thanks!

chilove

Propolis applied directly to the sore. Dry the sore before applying. Apply evry couple of hours. In addition take propolis orally. I like Vimergy Propolis.

Thank you! I take propolis internally 3 times per day. It does seem to help. I will try putting it on the sores as well.

lenora

Lysine in pill form works well for many people. I would also break open a capsule, make a paste and apply it to the sores. Keep lysine in the body around the clock.

Different things work for different people. Yours, Lenora

cheeseater

The amino acid l-lysine has been known about for a long time in association with EBV/herpes relief. Something like 30% of people report significant relief. Not bad odds to give something a try. If it does not help it does not help.

Never heard of making a paste and applying directly. I have heard of applying a dab of (liquid) camphor directly for relief of cold sores.

Have you tried to have it cultured for viral? I had horrible mouth ulcers for years and was always told herpes. I must have been one of the 70% as l lysine did nothing for me. Its not, in my case viral. Turns out its a rheumatological condition and is often times controlled by colchichine. Assume you been to a rheumatologist? If you are getting flares you may have something non viral.

sometexan84

I get several bad very painful mouth sores whenever I have an EBV flare (or maybe it's CMV flaring, I'm not sure). Has anyone found anything that helps them go away faster and stay away? I've Tagament and an herbal protocol before but this time it's not working. Thanks!
What kind of mouth sores?

Like, sides of tongue? Inside of cheek? Lips?

If it's herpes HSV-1 related... then I don't know.

If it's bacteria related, then simply improving oral hygiene can fix this. I know it sounds dumb and very basic... but it worked for me. Sometimes we're too tired to even take care of basic hygiene.

Also, applying apple cider vinegar directly on the mouth sores helps. Stings tho!

Rufous McKinney

What kind of mouth sores?

I get what look like blood blisters under my tongue: this is heat pouring out of the salivary glands. Also heat pouring out of the spleen meridian.

Somewhere I heard some researcher mention blood blisters...

I just lost my source of chinese mouthwash with cooling herbs.
applying apple cider vinegar

warm salt water and or baking soda would be soothing

my mouth would not tolerate vinegar..its too boiling over all over the place.

sometexan84

my mouth would not tolerate vinegar..its too boiling over all over the place.
What I did was folded up a bit of toilet paper, until I got it into like a 1/2 - 1 1/2 inch square or rectangle (whatever size/shape I was going for), and added the vinegar just to that piece, and carefully placed the damp (or soaked) piece of TP directly onto the sore.

I held it there for 1-2 min... or as long as I could stand it.