• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Motivation (cognitive symptom)

junkcrap50

I just learned of a newer medicine available which I am about to order for myself because I think it has potential to work even better than Selegiline. It's Moclobemide, and the great thing about it is that it's a REVERSIBLE MAO inhibitor, so there is no need to be super vigilant about food restrictions. I would strongly recommend looking into this to see if it could help. It's currently not approved for use in USA (for no good reason), but is approved in many other countries like Australia and UK, and is available to buy from online pharmacies. I'm not sure what the status is in Canada.
I live in Canada, it seems Moclobemide is available. I have an appointment with a psych doc in a couple of weeks, maybe we'll discuss this as an option.

-Any update about this drug, Moclobemide?
-Were you able to try it?
-How did you respond?
-If not, why did you decide against it?
-What new/additional information did your psych doc provide you about it?
-Have you learned any new information about the drug since posting 2 years ago?