• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

More energy more pain

Nanni

Like all of us I am constantly trying to get my symptoms under control and it’s constantly changing. But I did turn a corner when I discovered mthfr.My energy is so much better since taking a pretty strong methyl multi supplement by Pure. I still have good and bad days, still figuring it out because of other problems I have but this pattern has been increasing

On those days when I feel like I can get some stuff done, my overall pain is so much worse it’s overwhelming and I can’t anything done. I don’t have those trigger spots of fibromyalgia. It’s a strong deep ache all over. I feel that way every day but not this bad. Thoughts anyone?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Are you supplementing with D3 and K2? Doctor sent me to rheumatologist because my whole body pain levels were going up massively. The rheumatologist tested my D levels. They were low as always. He also wanted me to take a prescription medication for Fibromyalgia but I got a green light from him to try the vitamin D first.

So I dosed up with a pro-health version of extreme D3 and about 80% of the achiness/pain went away. I have to take it with K2 though or I get miserable leg cramps. Make sure to get tested first before taking it though. The vitamin D saved me from having to go on the prescription. :)

This member has a good blog post about Vitamin D3:https://forums.phoenixrising.me/blo...o-b-vit-thus-autoimmune-and-lousy-sleep.2521/

He also has another site where he talks about taking it with boron. When I do that I don't feel so cold all the time: http://lassesen.com/cfids/supplements/boron.htm

I do find the brand of D3 makes a difference if it's in the dry form. I bought a different brand on ebay previously and it made me feel worse. I can handle the fish oil versions but can't find those in a high enough dose to keep my levels up.

Edit: I also don't get the trigger spots either but this rheumatologist said he doesn't use those anymore. He still thinks I have Fibro but I don't think I do really. Not when it was so easy to resolve the severe achiness with the vitamin D.

Edit #2: I do take 160 mg of tylenol (tylenol junior) for the achiness now and that seems to take the edge off but it did not help when my pain levels were what they were before the vitamin D therapy.

Last edited:

ljimbo423

I don’t have those trigger spots of fibromyalgia. It’s a strong deep ache all over. I feel that way every day but not this bad. Thoughts anyone?

I don't think I have the trigger spots for fibro either but I do, often have a lot of pain. I had a pain doctor several years ago and I described it to her as a deep pain, that felt like a toothache in my body.

Methylation does so many things in the body. 85% of methylation takes place in the liver, so it ramps up detoxification. I wonder if that is causing more inflammation and more pain for you?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
that felt like a toothache in my body

The way I described it to my doctor is like my whole body is bruised all over but without the black and blue marks.

Methylation does so many things in the body. 85% of methylation takes place in the liver, so it ramps up detoxification. I wonder if that is causing more inflammation and more pain for you?

I wondered about that too.

I've also seen a lot of posts where people say something went wrong with their methylation protocol and they cannot figure out how to correct whatever that problem is.

Learner1

I've also seen a lot of posts where people say something went wrong with their methylation protocol and they cannot figure out how to correct whatever that problem is.
Comprehensive testing, like a Genova Diagnostics NutrEval us essential fur seeung entire pathways and figuring a proper supplement protocol. Guessing, unfortunately, is not as effective.

And, with any significant pain, it is worthwhile to look into oxalates, which can cause extreme pain. It may not be the cause, but if it is, one cannot get rid of pain without dealing with them.

Nanni

Comprehensive testing, like a Genova Diagnostics NutrEval us essential fur seeung entire pathways and figuring a proper supplement protocol. Guessing, unfortunately, is not as effective.

And, with any significant pain, it is worthwhile to look into oxalates, which can cause extreme pain. It may not be the cause, but if it is, one cannot get rid of pain without dealing with them.

Nanni

Thanks great info. I’ve heard that test is pretty pricey but if it’s good for figuring out what i need around methylation it is worth it. I basically have 50% less energy without that methyl multi supplements.I’ll have to learn about oxalates. That’s a new one. Someone said this pain is like having the flu, a hangover and jet lag at the same time. Lately that’s a good day.

Learner1

I'm in the US and can take advantage of Genova's $179 Prepay program. You might call their billing office and see how it works with your insurance to save from the $2,000 list price. The Great Plains OAT test runs around $450, which done insurance covers. Both very essential to troubleshooting problems.:(

Nanni

I don't think I have the trigger spots for fibro either but I do, often have a lot of pain. I had a pain doctor several years ago and I described it to her as a deep pain, that felt like a toothache in my body.

What a great analogy for what the pain feels like. I am usually pretty successful with my mind to deal with pain if I can focus on the spot and change the image. If it’s a spasm or pulsing pain i imagine music and it’s neutralized. This is pain is everywhere and nowhere.

For me the cold environment eliminates the pain. I also noticed that when I'm not that tired I notice more pain and other neurological symptoms. I also noticed that my pain is worse in heat. So if I keep myself in the cold environment, get some fresh air in the winter and turn on the AC in the summer really helps my pain and the overall symptoms.