• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Moducare

lyran

I didn't find if there was already a topic of this immune modulator.

Those of you who use it or have used it, how did you use it and what benefits did you get from it? I have tried using it 1-2 capsules in the morning but it seems to make me feel more fatigued and also gives me headache but it does help me with my sore throat. Sometimes it helps with fatigue. The effects vary. Would it be better to take it on evening?

In my case, immune modulators usually lose their effectiveness when taken daily (like LDN) so I have tried taking Moducare couple times a week. Should it be taken daily?

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

usually lose their effectiveness when taken daily (like LDN

Curious about this substance, just checked it out...online.

I have a basic question I seem unable to get answered. If you have an autoimmune issue, then is stimulating the immune system , taking things to "increase immune system"..is that infact potentially harmful?

so in this case: they describe "to dampen an overactive immune response"

This would suggest: overactive should be slowed down, not enhanced or sped up.

Also, @lyran, just curious about the LDN comment. I've been on it for several years. How does one determine it: lost its effectiveness? Or how did you come to that opinion?

lyran

I have a basic question I seem unable to get answered. If you have an autoimmune issue, then is stimulating the immune system , taking things to "increase immune system"..is that infact potentially harmful?

so in this case: they describe "to dampen an overactive immune response"

This would suggest: overactive should be slowed down, not enhanced or sped up.

Also, @lyran, just curious about the LDN comment. I've been on it for several years. How does one determine it: lost its effectiveness? Or how did you come to that opinion?

I'm not sure if I believe the autoimmunity theory. Many with autoimmune issues use immune stimulators successfully. Immune modulator should do both: either stimulate the immune system or dampen it down, depending of the state of ones immune system.

When I take LDN in the evening, the next day my fatigue level and brain fog is considerably less but if I take LDN for example, 2 weeks in a row every evening, I don't get the same effect anymore. LDN works for me if I take it 3-4 days in week.

junkcrap50

I've taken Moducare, but didn't notice anything from it. I never noticed a lot of benefits from herbal immune support products. So, I stopped Moducare after 1 bottle.

Re: LDN. I noticed it also . I noticed a distinct noticeable difference the first 4-5 days taking it. Then things went back to normal and stopped noticing any benefits from it. However, I still take it as it's still supposed to work and help. But I'd be interested in more about LDN. I've considered upping my LDN dose and taking it 2x/day instead of at bed time, but haven't found a lot of info on that.

lyran

Re: LDN. I noticed it also . I noticed a distinct noticeable difference the first 4-5 days taking it. Then things went back to normal and stopped noticing any benefits from it. However, I still take it as it's still supposed to work and help. But I'd be interested in more about LDN. I've considered upping my LDN dose and taking it 2x/day instead of at bed time, but haven't found a lot of info on that.

You could try to take a little break from it and start it again to see if you see benefits again, or try to take it every other night. Also adjusting the dose and schedule of dosing may work.

I think that immune system may get accustomed to an immune modulator if you take it daily and with the same dose. That doesn't seem to happen to everyone though.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hi @lyran - several years ago I tried Moducare. As I recall, it made me feel better, I think it helped with energy a little, but eventually stopped helping. I can't remember if I took it with any breaks or not.

I have read the same thing about immune modulators as you - that it's good to take a break periodically. I'm currently taking andrographis because it seems to be very good for my immune system (helps with constantly recurring sinus infection). And I try to take breaks periodically too.