• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Moderate nerve inflammation in both legs

Victronix

Just a quick question - my sister just got a diagnosis of "moderate nerve inflammation in both legs". I guess this could be due many things, but wondering if others have been diagnosed with nerve inflammation and what options might have worked, what causes, if known, anyone has found.

I've pressured her to take B-12 but I don't think she takes much. Her labs showed her B-12 at 500.

She's been puzzling with low platelet counts on and off, arthritis and now a lot of leg pain.

YippeeKi YOW !!

ME is, to either a larger or smaller degree depending on which theories you subscribe to, an inflammatory illness, as are arthritis and neuro-inflammation of her legs. I'm not sure what to offer in the way of uninformed layman's help, but I would think that something that helps with inflammatory issues, like boswellia serrata, might possibly help.

There's a lot of other stuff, both prescription (which I regard, due to the usual unpleasant side effects and issues many of them bring with their ameliorative properties, as a last ditch effort when all else has failed) herbal and vit/mineral oriented, that could be of help .... rosemary has shown some promise, as well as old stand-bys like turmeric and ginger, and I think clove has been added in as well ....

Re the platelet issue, I had problems with that too, and I was able to resolve them with Vit K, the form that comes from leafy greens and plants known as MK-2, as well as a lot of MK-4 and MK-7 ... I honestly was bleeding like a hemophiliac before I figured out what might help ....

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm thinking perhaps thiamine or benfotiamine might help. Also my mom has been using aspercream on her legs where she is getting what we think is vein pain so not the exact same issue but it may help your sister with any discomfort.

Also has your sister been tested for EBV? Here is one website where someone asked a doctor low platelets and EBV. Here is a forum where a person was asking others.

My mom had very high EBV titers on a test back in the 90's but the doctor was older and I think mentally not there so he never really addressed it with her but I think that is what is causing her anemia and blood issues now. Her hematologist has us scheduled to go back in 6 months to recheck because he is not sure what is causing it however, I suspect she still is dealing with that EBV. It's funny because when I give her Resveratrol (polygonum cuspidatum) she turns from doughy pale to slightly rosy. I'm going to try and keep giving her that more consistantly and see what the test results show when we go back to the doc.

This article talks about EBV-caused cancer but documents how resveratrol inhibits that.

Last edited:

Nanni

Just a quick question - my sister just got a diagnosis of "moderate nerve inflammation in both legs". I guess this could be due many things, but wondering if others have been diagnosed with nerve inflammation and what options might have worked, what causes, if known, anyone has found.

I've pressured her to take B-12 but I don't think she takes much. Her labs showed her B-12 at 500.

She's been puzzling with low platelet counts on and off, arthritis and now a lot of leg pain.

I get temporary relief from a CBD cream called iLava Touch. It feels great for awhile and even that much relief is helpful. When I was getting acupuncture I would get a lot of needles in my legs for digestive issues. I do notice a correlation between the two issues. I think it’s a symptom I always get after doing too much. One of those symptoms that seem to be part of a mini crashing that happens now.

Paralee

@Nanni , I have that. Mine is either coming from my cervical (possibly) spine or maybe a rheumatism of some kind, or no telling what. Hopefully I'll be getting started with a knee replacement soon.
Maybe she could take an MMA test for her B12 to see if it's getting in her cells.