Mitochondrial and Energy Metabolism Dysfunction in ME/CFS — Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard Papers

sb4

@debored13 Yeah I have been taking 30drops /3g Pyrucet for a couple weeks now and I can eat high carb breakfast + 1tbsp C8 oil and then even some carbs at noon with only small amount of heart palps. I still feel a bit more on edge or something after carbs so I suspect that it is only reducing symptoms in that respect.

I do have some EA coming although I will admit I am slightly hesitant to try it in higher doses like I originally planned due to those LD50 calculations. Perhaps it burdens the liver or keeps GSH at zero too long. We will see.

debored13

I would expect our reactions to a product that increases glucose oxidation to be pretty different given I react pretty decently to carbs and they give you heart palps. I now do about sixty drops a day. Sometimes it does help semi-dramatically and I do think it would be good for anybody that thinks their main problem is inflammation and metabolism absent an ongoing unaddressed toxin or pathogen cause

sb4

@debored13 I forgot to mention above that I have been getting very sleepy tired morning to early afternoon after taking my dose. It could be something to do with coming of testosterone however it could also be Pyrucet. Do you notice anything similar? I just had to have a small nap now which is fairly unusual for me.

debored13

@debored13 I forgot to mention above that I have been getting very sleepy tired morning to early afternoon after taking my dose. It could be something to do with coming of testosterone however it could also be Pyrucet. Do you notice anything similar? I just had to have a small nap now which is fairly unusual for me.
my symptoms flare according to so many different variables I really couldn’t tell you anything but my in-the-moment reaction

I would just like to add that Pretorius amino acid complex was recommended to me by Prof Neil McGregor. It does not contain tryptophan or arginine.

Not affiliated at all.

(I am extremely sensitive to arginine even though I am low in it - 1/6 of a dose left with with a day of air hunger and severe POTS symptoms. )

Attachments

Learner1

Administrator
I looked it up. It does contain arginine. This is what each capsule contains:

L-Glycine 140.0mg
L-Proline 81.2mg
L-Hydroxyproline 77.9mg
L-Glutamic Acid 65.4mg
L-Alaine 58.3mg
L-Arginine 51.1mg
L-Aspartic Acid 39.3mg
L-Serine 23.6mg
L-Lysine 22.9mg
L-Leucine 21.6mg
L-Phenylalanine 15.7mg
L-Valine 14.4mg
L-Threonine 13.7mg
L-Isoleucine 9.8mg
L-Hydroxylysine 6.5mg
L-Histidine 5.2mg
L-Methionine 4.6mg
L-Tyrosine 3.3mg

By comparison, and based on my labs, which seem to support what Fluge and Mella's amino acid study found, this is what I'm taking - I wrote my daily dose next to the dose in tge Proteus supplement:

Typical composition per capsule:

L-Glycine 140.0mg. 4.5g
L-Proline 81.2mg. 2g
L-Hydroxyproline 77.9mg 0g
L-Glutamic Acid 65.4mg. 3g
L-Alanine 58.3mg. 2g
L-Arginine 51.1mg. 0g
L-Aspartic Acid 39.3mg. 1.5g asparagine
L-Serine 23.6mg. 0g
L-Lysine 22.9mg. 3g
L-Leucine 21.6mg. 6g
L-Phenylalanine 15.7mg. 0g
L-Valine 14.4mg. 0g
L-Threonine 13.7mg. 2g
L-Isoleucine 9.8mg. 6g
L-Hydroxylysine 6.5mg. 0g
L-Histidine 5.2mg. 0g
L-Methionine 4.6mg. 3.5g
L-Tyrosine140.0mg 3.5g

Plus, I also need these, which are not in tbe Proteus product:

1.5g citrulline
2.5g ornithine
2g N-acetyl-cysteine

The amounts are laughable compared to my needs, which are on top of eating meat at lunch and dinner and protein at breakfast.

I have done much better with PEM after getting my glutathione producing amino acids up (glycine, glutamine, NAC), and my isoleucine and leucine up. Tyrosine and asparagine have been critical as well.

Thanks for pointing that out. The bottle I have hay a different list of ingredients and doesn't say arginine. I am not sure why,maybe they changed the formula?

Holy cow, I clearly need to boost my amino I take. Sorry if you have already said this but are you getting this professionally compounded or making it yourself?

Attachments