• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

mind sharing your rs7794745 result from 23andme? Connected to autism and ADHD

LaurieL

PS After re-reading all the posts above... I am definitely confused. o_O
Please clarify... which combo indicates the greatest autism risk... TT or AA or AT?

Dreambirdie, these are all the same. When given the risk alleles, wherever you source them from, for example, TT is XXX risk allele. Your test results give an AT. A=T, so in comparing to the risk allele, your test results can be interpreted as TT. If your given test results are AA, then these to can be interpreted as TT because A=T.

I'm AA, still have no clue with discussion if that means I'm possibly ADHD/Aspy? Would explain a lot if I am.

So AA and TT and AT mean the same thing??? No wonder KI cant get my brain around this stuff. I'm AA in 23andMe, anyone want to give their interpretation, I'm just searching for understanding and figuring out risk alleles has always been my challenge. I can maybe see AA and TT being the same, are they both the risk alleles? TIA

Yes, these are all the same. If you are an AA, in which some will post as 23andme speak, then in comparing to risk alleles from again, whatever source, in this instance TT, and A=T, so your A's equal T's. So you are a TT.

Dont let the AT fool you. Yes, they are different letters, but it is still homozogous as A=T, so wherever there is an A, you can change that to a T, because again, A=T. :eek:

:) BTW, these are great questions and should help others!! Thank you!

Lauriel

LaurieL

Ooopss.....Roxy, I wanted to answer your question about whether these SNP's mean you are ADHD/aspy.

The purpose of this discussion is that we are finding SNP's in which are also found in ADHD/Aspergers Disease/Autism. And although we may have some common SNP's found in those areas, the SNP's alone are not determinate of whether or not we can be diagnosed with any, or are either of them. These are tendencies, not sure fire hits.

What is being noticed is tendencies and like behaviors. I scored high enough on a test to kind of blow my mind, but I still dont think I am autistic or a higher functioning autistic.

What is exciting about these commonalities, is the dysfunctional enzymes and their effects on our health. Autism research and treatments are centered around biogenetic medicine, and have been already outlined by a few good treating physicians. These behaviors, we can then correlate why they exist and perhaps target the worst ones, looking for improvement in functioning as well. It just helps to explain a few things.

Lauriel

searcher

I still haven't figured out the AT issue. Normally A=T since they are complementary on dual strands, but for some reason in this case the options are AA, AT, and TT and I haven't been able to figure it out with basic research. I asked a friend who knows a lot about genetics and she was unsure what was going on, so I still need to ask around more.