• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#Millions Missing Needs Your Help!

BurnA

Let me draw a boldfaced line at the end of the article; maybe that will help make it easier to differentiate. :)

-J
HaHa i think the confusion is on the paypal side, the receipt just makes reference to MEAction

Mary

Moderator Resource
I just donated a dollar myself, to make sure it works... but it does. I had to sign into PayPal first, but then it took me right back to the main screen and let me donate it.

View attachment 15571

View attachment 15572

-J

@JaimeS - I am having the same problems as everyone else has had. I click on your "donate" button and it takes me to generic paypal where I log in because I have an account and there's nowhere to direct a donation to MEAction. When I click on the "donate" button it does not take me to The ME Action with a button to log on to Paypal as shown in your post. There's nothing wrong with my paypal account as I'm able to just log in to it. Please help! I'd like to donate some money -- if worse comes to worse I can mail a check ...

JaimeS

@Mary -- did you try this link here?

You might be clicking on the Donate link at the very bottom of the page, which is for #MEAction in general... either way, here it is.

I have tested both the link on the '10 things' article and the link on the donation page. They are both working for me, guys, so I'm not sure what's going on in some cases that isn't in other cases.

If you struggled to donate at first, and then were able to, please share what you did differently.

No matter what, you will have to sign in. After you do, it SHOULD take you back to the correct donation page.

Thanks,

-J

JaimeS

if worse comes to worse I can mail a check ...

If people continue to have trouble, that's an option. :)

PO Box 1248
Princeton, NJ 08542

Checks should be made out to: The Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Action Network
pixel.gif

If you want it to go to the #MillionsMissing protest, I think putting that in the little dotted line for notes should suffice. :D

-J

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Mary -- did you try this link here?

I have tested both the link on the '10 things' article and the link on the donation page. They are both working for me, guys, so I'm not sure what's going on in some cases that isn't in other cases.

If you struggled to donate at first, and then were able to, please share what you did differently.

No matter what, you will have to sign in. After you do, it SHOULD take you back to the correct donation page.

Thanks,

-J

I did try that link and this comes up: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8dcce3e160f5b9538489e17951d2c62172
It tells me "Sorry - your last action could not be completed" .... arggghh! :bang-head: and I even rebooted my computer in case that would help.

Thanks so much for your efforts and I believe I will just mail a check! :sluggish:

JaimeS

:bang-head: and I even rebooted my computer in case that would help.

Thanks so much for your efforts and I believe I will just mail a check! :sluggish:

Thank you so much for YOUR efforts! It means a lot that people are doing this not just because it's simple, but because they believe it's important.

The fundraising efforts are going well, and I know it's in part because of the people on PR. I feel that this is the platform we've been waiting for: the right time, the right place, the right protest demands. But I know people have been waiting a long time, and it would be easy to become cynical and embittered. Instead, the vast majority of the people on PR are still fighters. We haven't given up.

I'm grateful I found this platform every day, because of the info housed here (which is so vast I'm beginning to lose all sense of scale) but also for the people I find here.

*...goes to donate a few bucks to PR...*

-J

MEPatient345

PR folks.. Would love your participation in the #MillionsMissing Instagram account.

Would love to represent the full picture, and we have more women so far, so men, parents of sick children, would also give a broader image of the disease.

https://www.instagram.com/millionsmissing/

Send a photo of you doing something you love and miss back when you were well to millionsmissing25@gmail.com.

Include the year you got sick, your location, and any other information you'd like to include about what you miss, and your life then and now. Have a look to get ideas.. I try to combine stories with facts about the disease.

Thanks so much in advance! Pls share!

JaimeS

Sorry to cross-post, but important:

Anyone going tomorrow to Philadelphia? Our leaders are having a bit of trouble getting there, a delayed flight and so on, so I need contact people if others know they're planning on going.

This was one of our smaller local protests, so if you're thinking of going to Philli, sound off!

Thanks,

Jaime